What is a potion cream? By adding a slimeball into a brewing stand as an ingredient for potions, it would turn the potions into potion creams. This cream would be held in the left hand while a melee weapon is held in the right. When used, the player will coat the weapon in their right hand with the cream, causing their weapon to inflict the cream's effect on a successful hit.
Specifics of this item
- Applying the cream to the weapon would take a certain amount of time, just like a potion
- This cream can be applied to any melee tool (Sword, Axe, Pick, Shovel, and Hoe) as well as the fishing rod (allowing the rod to become a makeshift flail!).
- Like potions, creams would not stack
- Instantaneous effect potions will disappear off of the weapon after one successful hit (instant damage and instant health)
- Effect potions that inflict a status effect (such as poison, strength, regeneration, or Weakness) will remain on the weapon for a certain period of time, this time possibly increased with another ingredient.
What will this add to the game?
- Gives players a new way to express themselves and develop unique playstyles in both PvE and PvP.
- Provides creators with an easier method of creating weapons that inflict effects.
- Adds more options to how the left hand is used.
- Allows for the opportunity to bring back effects that were once inaccessible by potions (Nausea, Blindness, Haste, Mining Fatigue, Levitation, etc.) as well as create new effects. Enemy AI would need new responses to these effects.
Please sign in to leave a comment.