If you found this post directly, please refer to the hub post (link) before reading. =3
Because the other dimensions don’t have defined biomes, Mythos has a generally forested landscape with a mixture of the trees that generate in this world. There would be clearings and areas where some trees are more prevalent than others, but no clear lines where you can say “this is the line where X biome begins” like you can in the overworld. There should be rivers and lakes, but no oceans.
Trees: The forest should include trees of these plank colors: Cyan, Lime, Light Blue, Purple, Blue, and Green. More new trees than this are fine (especially any colors from my Trees of all the Colors that you don’t want to put in the overworld), but the trees should at least include those six colors. They should have bark that goes well with the plank color (likely a similar or contrasting color), and interesting colors of leaves that can be used as decoration by builders. Generally, the trees there should be large and have a more complex design than overworld trees. Here are some ideas for tree forms:
- Tall tree with a 3x3 base and a spreading canopy that’s almost as wide as the tree is tall. Should be at least as tall as the tallest 2x2 spruce and would be amazing for a treehouse base.
- Medium 2x2 tree with a large, ball-like canopy
- A tall tree with a 3x3 or rounded 4x4 base that is just a towering straight tree. (rounded 4x4 is a 4x4 with each corner taken out). Probably at least double the size of any current tree.
- Single sapling tree with a spreading canopy. Something like the tall oak trees, although slightly less ball-shaped.
- Some of the trees should bear fruit that can be picked when ripe without breaking the tree. The dryads and spirits will not be angered by picking fruit. These fruits are the main local food source. There should be at least one recipe that would be considered a high-quality food, with high saturation and food value.
- Some of the 2x2 or 3x3 trees could have a bush variant when planted as a single sapling.
Around the landscape, you will be able to find flowers of every color, some familiar and others new. These flowers can be turned into dye and are also used for spell crafting. Like overworld flowers, you can make them grow using bonemeal. And like flower forest flower generation, different areas have different flowers that will grow in that place.
Please sign in to leave a comment.