If you found this post directly, please refer to the hub post (link) before reading. =3
The underground caverns have new kinds of giant mushrooms instead of trees, small colorful mushrooms that glow, and colorful crystal formations. The glowing mushrooms would make these biome caverns not quite as much of a death trap by reducing the spawnable area and would give them a gorgeous atmosphere.
- All overworld ores except gold and lapis are also found in this dimension.
- Copper – Is found near the surface. In terms of magical progression, it replaces stone tools. Copper tools are in between stone and iron, and copper armor is in between leather and iron. Copper can be mined with any pickaxe.
- Amber – Is found at all levels. It is as common as iron and can be used to make a block that is gemlike and golden orange in appearance. Each ore broken drops a few pieces, which can be increased with fortune. It is a magically attuned gem and is used in all spell crafting. It is also used in the recipes for staffs and rings.
- A rare ore required for crafting diamond tier spells?
- Marble – A cleanly whitish stone. It drops itself and can be made into slabs and stairs. Four in a crafting grid makes a white stone brick, which can be made into slabs, stairs, and a decorative block similar in concept to circle brick.
- Basalt – A dusky black stone. It drops itself and can be made into slabs and stairs. Four in a crafting grid makes a black stone brick, which can be made into slabs, stairs, and a decorative block similar in concept to circle brick.
Crystals – Found in multiple colors. Should drop crystal shards that can be used for spell crafting. Can also be silk touched to obtain the placeable block. It should drop a number of crystal shards that can be increased with fortune.
Glowing Mushrooms – Come in various colors and will be unique lighting options for builders, as they can be placed on any block at any light level. They have similar growth mechanics to overworld mushrooms. They are used in medium level spell crafting. There are plenty of interesting shaped mushrooms that could be used as inspiration for these new kinds. The new shapes would also translate into their large forms. For example, ones that look like shelves and would grow on the side of a block would make a large platform when enlarged.
Large Mushrooms – Glowing mushrooms with bonemeal. They either do not glow or only faintly glow at a level too low to prevent spawning. Like normal large mushrooms, you can harvest their blocks with a silk touch tool. Otherwise, they have a chance of dropping a small mushroom of the appropriate type.
Please sign in to leave a comment.