Parity is a word that we use a lot here. We use it to mean "ways we can make Minecraft be the same experience as much as possible, regardless of what 'engine' you are using to play". Starting with Update Aquatic, our team renewed its commitment to develop the same features for all versions being updated in Minecraft at the same time.
This quick guide should help you figure out when something is a parity request and when it is a bug.
This feature does not work as designed for the platform it was designed on. Please continue to file all of these issues at bugs.mojang.com (bug reports and support issues will continue to be removed from the feedback site).
This feature works one way on one platform, and another way on a different platform. Here are some examples.
- You would like to see this feature work the way it works on Java now on Bedrock.
- You would like to see this feature work the way it works on Bedrock now on Java.
- This feature is present on Bedrock, but does not appear on Java at all.
- This feature is present on Java, but does not appear on Bedrock at all.
How to post your parity request:
Search! Chances are someone's posted the suggestion already. Many older parity issues have already been mentioned (especially those involving redstone), and we'll be going through and adding the (Parity) headers to those posts where appropriate. Here's just a short list:
- Make Java Menu more like Bedrock
- Make the Bedrock Menu more like Java
- Shields for all platforms
- We need Java redstone in Bedrock
- Things you find by searching "like Java"
- Things you find by searching "like Bedrock"
Still don't see it? Go for it! Don't forget to put (Parity) in the subject line, even better if you put (Java Parity) if you want to see a change for the Java feature in Bedrock, or (Bedrock Parity) if you want to see a Bedrock feature in Java. That will help your community team get the requests to the right team faster! Please be sure to also keep them in the correct category, regardless of if it is a Java or Bedrock Parity request.
Thanks for helping make your feedback site even better.