Frog Feedback [Bedrock Beta]
Today we announced that frogs, a new mob arriving in The Wild Update, is now available as an experimental feature in Bedrock Beta! In this build:
- Frogs will spawn in Swamp biomes
- Frogs can croak, jump, swim, and walk on land
- Frogs can eat small Slimes, causing a Slime Ball to drop
- Frogs can be tempted and bred using Seagrass, but this is just a placeholder food for now
- Frogs lay eggs after mating
- Frog eggs that hatch spawn Tadpoles
- Tadpoles can swim in water
- Tadpoles "jump around" like fishes when on land, and eventually die
- Tadpoles that grow up will turn into a Frog
- Tadpoles grow into a different type of Frog based on the biome they are born in
- Tadpoles can be caught in a Bucket
As always, your feedback is super valuable to us, especially at this stage of development, and so we would love to hear what you have to say about these adorable amphibians.
The team is looking for any feedback you can send our way, as well as any of your thoughts on the following questions:
- What do you think of the new variant colours?
- How do the frogs, tadpoles, and their variants feel to interact with?
Let us know what you think below and if you want to know what else is in this week's beta, be sure to check out the changelog!
Post is closed for comments.