Mushroom Island Rework
Currently, almost every biome in Minecraft that has been in the game for over 8+ years has had additions and touch ups. All but our favourite fungus filled island. Yea, we had the brown mushroom cow variant added, but we need more! When I find the island, I want to be excited and look forward to seeing what I can find. Currently the only thing I look for when visiting is silk touching a mycelium block, and stealing a mushroom cow or two. The problem with this, is that they both are so plentiful! So I leave within minutes of arriving. Here are some ideas to improve this experience:
1. Large Mushrooms - Similar size to large jungle trees, these could act as homes for inhabiting creatures of the island.
2. Fungal Growth - Adding a plant that grows on top of mycelium besides the mushrooms could add another level of detail we need. Like the Warped Fungus or Crimson Roots, this could give us a new plant to add to our Mycelium décor.
3. More Mushrooms - I want to see more variants! All with fun affects and attributes. Or just for looks!
4. Structures - Why is this island here? Is it natural? Was it a wizards spell gone wrong? Lets see some ruins where the fungal outbreak started! Maybe you'll catch an affect that makes a poison mushroom grow on you until you run to some water to wash it off.
5. Threats - On the surface, the mushroom island is a safe place, but when you venture deeper, then the mushrooms aren't so cuddly and squishy. Maybe they have bigger teeth and want to bite you.
Please sign in to leave a comment.