Experimental World Generation Snapshot 5 Feedback
Experimental Snapshot 5 for World Generation has shipped! Here's a look a few of the changes made since the last snapshot:
- Peakier peaks! In some areas, mountains have jagged peaks, like in the beloved bedrock beta mountains.
- Made mountain areas and peak biomes slightly larger on average.
- Raised the average mountain height, fixing an unintentional change from snapshot 4 that made mountains lower and smoother.
- Fossils with diamonds no longer generate above deepslate level.
- Moved swamps slightly more inland, since they were leaking murky swamp water into the ocean.
- Tweaked the depth of rivers and the steepness of river banks.
- Reduced the amount of shattered terrain and shattered savanna biome, replacing some of that space with flatter beaches instead.
- Water springs can generate in more types of blocks such as dirt and snow, increasing the likelihood of small mountain streams and waterfalls. Also added springs to lush caves.
Check out the latest changelog for more details and a full list of the changes in this snapshot. And once you get a chance to try everything out, let us know your feedback in the comments!
Please sign in to leave a comment.