Villager AI Update
I think that the AI of villagers needs to fixed/updated. Some of the issues I've noticed:
- Their ability to find a path to their work block and their bed is not good.
- Their range in detecting beds, work blocks, and bells is too short.
- Their behavioral patterns seem to be very erratic.
- Sometimes, they have a work block set, and then seem to "forget" where it is.
I think that it would very helpful if:
- Once villagers choose a work block and a bed, they do not change from them unless they are destroyed or are actually obstructed.
- Once villagers choose a work block and bed, they "memorize" their location so that they have no trouble going back and forth between them.
- I think that the most helpful thing would be for the villager's block detection range to be increased.
Many of these issues are not a problem in natural occurring villages, but make it very difficult to build custom villages. For example, if you have a large house with a villager's bed on the 2nd floor and their work block on the 1st floor, they struggle greatly to go through their daily routine. Often, instead going to their block/bed, they walk into a corner and just stand there. If the entire village routine were made more adaptable it would help greatly in making custom villages of different shapes and sizes.
Please sign in to leave a comment.