Lua Mod Loader For Bedrock
Lua is a easy to learn programming language. It is dynamic and it melds well with c++. And since bedrock was created in c++, there should be a mod loader that runs Lua.
Pros of Lua:
- Easy to Learn
- Gets Players into programming
- Dynamic, dose not have static types
- It works well when added with c++
- Certain functions can also not be supported if necessary for security reasons
- Some players will be familiar with Lua since Roblox uses it for its game development.
Cons of Lua:
- It is a high level language and thus not as powerful
General Results of a Lua Mod Loader:
Since this mod loader will be specific for bedrock and since java edition has forge mod loader, this Lua Mod Loader can be used by various creators in the Minecraft marketplace. If a creator adds some cool mod that adds 100s of items, events, structures, dimensions, etc, then that creator who put all of his effort into that mod can charge Minecoins and make a profit from it. This also means more money for Mojang Studios, as mods will have a much higher demand.
What about Datapack creators?
Data-pack creators will most likely attempt to learn Lua. This is because Mods add new content instead of replacing it, and since that is the case, they will likely try to catch up with the new demand. Not only this, but Lua can also make "Data-pack like features."
For all these various reasons, and since the pros outweigh the cons, and the fact that more players will be encouraged to buy minecoins, there should be a Lua mod loader.
Please sign in to leave a comment.