Currently in Bedrock edition across all devices (personally I have tested Windows 10 PC and iOS) if you open Minecraft without an internet connection you get a popup screen with an "account error" message and code "-9." This should just be replaced with an "offline" indicator on the title screen.
Here why it's a problem. The popup itself and the text of the message is both alarming an misleading:
- It says "There is an error with your account" when there is no problem with the account itself.
- It says "There is an error with your account" even if you have never set up a Minecraft or XboxLive account on your Minecraft install.
- It implies that the error is something Mojang is working on a solution for (with the text "...until we have resolved the issue."), but in fact there is no back-end issue and Mojang is doing nothing about the source of this error message.
- It directs you to contact support. This is needless, wastes people's time, and creates anxiety. Support is just going to tell you to check your internet connection, and that isn't something that requires personal communication.
- It provide a link to contact support. This again is pointless, because the message is generated due to being offline!
Please sign in to leave a comment.