I propose making Curses attractive at a cost; Cursed with awesome or blessed with suck. Once more curses are added, I propose that curses be visible but indecipherable until a player equips the item.
Below are list of curses, or possibly enchantments, that may affect gameplay in wacky ways:
- Curse of Blinking (Helmet): The player teleports to a random solid block within 8 blocks upon taking damage.
- Curse of Burgeoning (Chestplate): You are 1 block taller.
- Curse of the Undertaker (Shovel): You can dig huge columns of six blocks. You can only dig down.
- Curse of Greased Lightning (Leggings): You always sprint. You cannot sneak. Sprinting costs less hunger.
- Curse of Quicksilver (Boots): You always slide as if on ice while not sneaking.
- Curse of Catalyst (Pickaxe): Harvested blocks sometimes explode in a 3x3x3 area.
- Curse of Vigilance (Sword): Automatically face an entity when it damages you. Automatically equips itself whenever you right click.
- Curse of Morphology (Hoe): When hoeing soil, adjacent dirt or grass blocks may turn into Mycelium or Podzol.
- Curse of Sundering (Axe): +3 attack damage. Logs may turn into 6 - 10 sticks when harvested, boosted by Fortune.
- Curse of Liveliness (Fishing Rod): Sometimes your fish appears as a mob. Sometimes you catch a guardian or squid.
- Curse of Farsight (Bow): While equipped you have an extremely narrow field of view.
- Curse of Contradicting (Elytra): All controls are inversed - even left and right.
Did I miss anything?
Right now there are only 2 curses in the game and these curses don't really affect gameplay. You can easily forget about armour with Binding if it's good; tools that delete themselves are not an issue when you don't intend to die. Binding Armour that makes you 3 blocks tall. Now that changes the game.
If you have any ideas for curses or enchantments that fit the theme of Cursed with Awesome or Blessed with Suck, leave them in the comments section below.
Please sign in to leave a comment.