I think that there should be three volumes of caverns that form: Huge, Large and Room.
Huge should be impressive; 100-500 blocks in diameter in randomly shaped blob.
It should not tied to any specific biome, but have a larger chance to form depending on the 'thickness' of the land.
It would be the rarest volume to form and have a chance to be filled with some random internals:
- Some of it open to the sky and the whole floor filled with a random biome
- Filled with stalagtite/mites and columns
- Floor covered with stepped pools
- Floor is one large lake (with waterfalls)
- Giant mushroom biome (Phosphorescent)
- Dead trees (all stripped, no foliage)
- Bare with a huge skeleton of a beast
- An abandoned village
- A ruined village
- A ruined fortress
- A pirate ship
Large spaces would hold curios; 50-100 blocks diameter
The floor would have an edge that dropped into a crevice with the center of the space raised. There would be a random 'access' to the center.
The shape of the space of a large cavern would be random:
- squared (not a cube) with carved pillars,
- perfectly domed
- random/natural dome
Random features that would generate in the middle of the large space:
- ship wreck
- lava/water spout to a random height
- abandoned/incomplete nether portal
- large oak tree
- hole/stairs down
- central spire with ladder up to the top
- upside down tree from the ceiling
- cage/holding cell
The access to the central feature within the large cavern would be granted via a random method:
- A boat and piers
- wooden bridge
- worked stone bridge
- natural stone walkway
- broken fences
- stepping stones
- high walkway
- pattern on floor (both sides)
- mine rail & cart
Room spaces would be carved out pockets; 10-50 blocks in diameter, not specifically linked to anything other than the normal cavern system.
- Fortress grand hall
- Fortress throne room
- Fortress arena
- Smuggler's store
- Crystal cavern (coloured glass blocks with light behind them, specifically in the ceiling)
- Structured mushroom farm (raised beds)
- Mansion library
Please sign in to leave a comment.