Description: A twisted golden or iron horn. There is no usage at first, but once enchanted...
- Type: Combat(?)
- Durability: Gold - 70, Iron - 85
- Renewable: Yes
- Stackable: No
- Sounds: Blare (A typical horn sound, which changes depending on enchantment.)
- Crafting - Recipe is one nautilus shell in the center of a crafting table grid surrounded by gold or iron nuggets.
- Blow - By holding use, the horn will make a loud sound (like a horn) which can be heard from up to 100 blocks away, being harder to hear from a distance. The horn will take 1 bubble of breath for every half second that the user blows it, giving the user up to 10 seconds of sound. If the user continues to use it once breath has been depleted, the sound will become progressively more strangled and strained. Also, the user will begin to suffocate (similar to my blowgun suggestion). While you are blowing this horn, you are reduced to sneaking speed. For each bubble of breath used, one durability is removed. Music note particles similar to the note block rise from the horn when it is blown. Unenchanted, these particles are orange from the gold horn and green from the iron horn.
- Enchantments - Shown below. (Attack, Charge, Rally, Retreat, Vigilance, Signal, and Victory can only be added to the Gold horn, and none are compatible on the same horn. Howl, Sea song, and Ghastly can only be added to the Iron horn, and none are compatible on the same horn. Echo and Puff are incompatible. All other combinations are valid.)
- Attack [Levels - 1]: You and any players within 6 blocks gain Strength 2 for 30 seconds after 4 seconds of blowing the horn. The music note particles become dark red, and the sound is angry and deep.
- Charge [Levels - 1]: You and any players within 7 blocks gain Strength 1 and Speed 1 for 30 seconds after 3 seconds of blowing the horn. The music note particles become red, and the sound is angry and sharp.
- Rally [Levels - 1]: You and any players within 5 blocks gain Speed 2 for 30 seconds after 4 seconds of blowing the horn. The music note particles become light yellow, and the sound is light and metallic.
- Retreat [Levels - 1]: You and any players within 6 blocks gain Speed 1 and Regeneration 1 for 30 seconds after 2 seconds of blowing the horn. The music note particles become yellow, and the sound is shrill.
- Vigilance [Levels - 1]: You and any players within 7 blocks gain Resistance 2 and Slowness 1 for 60 seconds after 3 seconds of blowing the horn. The music note particles become medium gray, and the sound is deep.
- Signal [Levels - 1]: The music notes remain the default orange. If the Horn is renamed, the name will appear over the users head in large visible letters, seen even in darkness.
- Victory [Levels - 1]: The music note particles become red, yellow, blue, and purple, swirl into the air like a whirlwind, and the sound becomes... victorious. I'm sure Mojang can come up with something.
- Howl [Levels - 1]: All tamed wolves of the user stands and teleports to him, and gains strength 1 and speed 1 for 30 seconds. The music note particles become white, rise up into the air higher and quicker, and the sound is very much like a howl. (Wolves should really howl at the moon when it is full.)
- Sea Song [Levels - 1]: When used underwater, the user gains water breathing and dolphins grace 1 for 20 seconds. The music notes become aqua and float about in the water. Above water, the horn sounds like a dying animal, but underwater it sounds like distant singing to anyone also in water. Fish will also stop being afraid of you for about 10 seconds. Even pufferfish won't poison you.
- Ghastly (Panic might be a better name) [Levels - 1]: Any mob that is not a Boss, a Mini-Boss, Undead, or native to the nether will run from you as if it's a cow and you just punched it. The music note particles become black and spread from you to the side instead of up, and the sound becomes like a drawn-out ghast cry.
- Echo [Levels - 3]: For each level added, the sounds range increases 40 blocks and the enchantments range of effects increases 2 blocks. The music note particles now rise and spread farther.
- Puff [Levels - 1]: The horn can now be blown for 50% longer. There are also 50% more music note particles. (This is the same enchantment used in my blowgun suggestion).
- Unbreaking [Levels - 3]: Known enchant.
- Mending [Levels - 1]: Known enchant.
- Curse of Vanishing: Known enchant.
- Crafting - The gold horn can be used to craft the Siren block (suggestion coming soon).
In-Game Application: This weapon(?) utilizes the Nautilus shell into the gameplay more, and also contributes widely to the combat semantics of the game. As a result of there being no friendly player targeting system, positioning is key with this weapon(?) as it should only be used near players you are friendly with. This is also a weapon that can be used in massive unstealthy approaches towards combat, as it completely loses your element of surprise in return for granting you an edge in your fight. But that's only for the Attack and Rally enchants. The others also help promote other types of combat.
For example, Howl makes wolf combat more viable and worth-while bringing them with you in a fight. Wolves are hard to manage, and this could be used in conjunction with being a ranged weapon user to become a fairly deadly threat if done properly.
I will admit that Sea Song was only added to bring out the theme of the nautilus shell, but because of its low application, I think it balances. I can, however, see Ghastly not being used, because of its relative near overpoweredness which is only avoided because it's almost useless as a result of its unaffected mobs, but a terror element with the horn should be up for consideration anyway.
Its low durability also discourages greedy usage of the horn.
Thank you for considering my suggestion. More to come.
Please sign in to leave a comment.