Water should be fully biome dependent similar to Bedrock, however Java can have it's own modification, considering swamp water is really the only unique water compared to all versions, as it's a very transparent green color, opposing to Bedrock's opaque yet dark green swamp water.
Either Java should mirror exactly what Bedrock has, or it's own complete set, here are some suggestions.
• Main Biomes to Focus on (Water Color and Properties)
• Desert - A nice Green + Teal, to resemble Oasis like water, this emphasizes the desert update, from Minecon, where we will have Palm Trees.
• Taiga - A Dark Cyan color mixed in with the old water color.
• Savanna - A Slight Opaque and Dark Blue.
• Beach - A more Vibrant Teal color, to resemble real life beaches.
• Badlands/Mesa - A darker Blue color, but with a Grey tint.
• Mountains/Extreme Hills - More vibrant than the default color, with a slight tint of Teal.
• Forest - With slight transparency the water should be Aquamarine.
• Jungle - A light Teal color, between Lukewarm and, Warm Oceans.
• Roofed Forest - For atmospheric purposes, a slightly Opaque, and a Grey tint for ambiance + atmosphere. - Fitting in with the dark forest.
• Flower Forest - Old Blue color, with a tint of algae green, to blend in with grass.
• Mushroom Fields/ Mushroom Shore - Purple like water, with a Grey tint, to resemble fungal life.
• End -- The End dimension may not generate water, but it's purple on Bedrock, maybe this can remain the only exclusive water color for Bedrock.
• Note: Every other biome could have the same color such as their parent biome, i.e. sub biomes, e.g. Savanna Plateau, Savanna Plateau M, Jungle Edge.
Since water is Grayscale, it's color map can consist of new colors to make the biomes water dependent.
The water that we currently have that is biome dependent would be;
• Swampland with a very transparent green color, blending in with anything beneath it.
• Lukewarm Ocean with a slight aquamarine color.
• Warm Ocean with a vibrant aquamarine color.
• Cold Ocean with a slightly darker color than the default blue. Repeated on Cold Taiga.
[Note:] This will keep all game platforms consistent, considering they are the same universe with some different features labeled 'exclusive', the biome dependent water color should be universal to all platforms, except some slight exclusive to their own water color, without changing Java's current transparent water in the swamp, opposing to the opaque dark green swamp water in Bedrock.
+ Thanks for reading.
Please sign in to leave a comment.