If you found this post directly, please refer to the hub post (link) before reading. =3
Deer are passive mobs. They drop venison, hide, and antlers. The hide can be traded to the tree folk or used to craft leather armor. The antlers can be used in low tier spell crafting. They can be bred with any fruit.
Moon Rabbits passive mobs and are a larger and reskinned overworld rabbit. Some pattern options are light blue, blue and white, and gray and pink. They drop hide, meat, and a moon rabbit tail, which is used in spell crafting.
Foxes are similar to overworld wolves. They can be tamed with raw meat and will fight for you. They are smaller than wolves but just as feisty and loyal. They deal full damage to mobs in this dimension and are probably a good first step to being able to defend yourself here. Like wolves, they can be bred and healed with meat.
Unicorns are neutral mobs with interesting behavior. They are strong and attack any hostile mobs they see. This, however, includes the player if they see you kill an innocent, and a hostile unicorn is forever hostile. An innocent includes unicorns, foxes, deer, moon rabbits, and the tree folk. The detection of innocent killing is both by sight and hearing, as they get enraged by the death cry of innocents and will come to the spot of the killing. Unicorns drop their horn when killed by a player, which is used in spell crafting. You can, however, purchase alternatives to all spell ingredients obtained by killing innocents from the tree folk. They can be befriended with patience (I haven’t come up with a method, but it should be difficult) and will lead you to treasure. However, even after you have befriended a unicorn, they will turn on you if it sees you kill an innocent. (If the Wyvern is vetoed for any reason as a mount, the unicorn could be the mount of this dimension. It would keep pretty much all behavior, just being able to be saddled and ridden.)
- Appearance - A wyvern is a type of dragon that has four limbs instead of six. The front limbs are also wings and are used for walking when the wyvern is on the ground. (in a lot of ways, they have the body plan of a giant bat, but a dragon. Skyrim’s dragons are examples of wyverns) They are bigger than a horse but not as large as the Ender Dragon. Like horses, they have some natural colors and patterns that combine randomly.
- Behavior – Wyverns are hostile mobs that are immune to overworld weapons. They attack by leap/gliding at you and attack with teeth and claws. Wild wyverns spawn in the Abandoned Castle structures and are the reason why you should not enter these structures until you are ready.
- Taming - Wyverns will not attack if you are holding a gold ingot. This gives you the opportunity to get close enough to give the wyvern gold ingots to tame it. Taming works much like any other creature such as a dog or a parrot, where it can take one or quite a few. A wyvern that has been given gold will become a permanently passive mob.
- As a mount – Tamed wyverns can be ridden using a wyvern saddle, which can be purchased from the tree folk or found as loot. They are at least three blocks wide and at most move as fast as a donkey. As such, they are not good ground mounts. However, they fly at a decent speed. I imagine the flight controls would be similar to the swimming controls.
- Drops – Wyverns drop wyvern hide and wyvern claws. Both items can be used in magical crafting, and wyvern hide can be sold to the tree folk.
- Other - This dimension should either be only available after The End (due to portal recipe including something from The End) or the wyvern should not be able to leave this dimension (unless the developers choose otherwise, of course). Because of the expense of taming a wyvern, they should all have the same stats, and the only difference should be color. Wyverns like shiny things and gold is unknown in this dimension, so it is a special treasure to allow you to befriend such a terrifying beast.
A large flower with a rainbow of colors on the petals. It should be entirely still as if a normal two-tall flower. However, if you get too close, it will bind you so that you cannot run and start attacking. Your only choice now is to kill it or be killed. It drops rainbow petals, which can be used in spell crafting. It also drops rainbow seeds, which can be planted in soil to grow one.
Spirits are neutral mobs that appear as floating orbs of light. They only attack if you break a block in their line of sight or attack them. They are immune to damage from overworld weapons, but not actually strong. They attack by physically coming into contact with you and don’t have much health. They drop a mystical orb, which is used in mid-tier spell crafting.
Shadows are dark and smokelike beings with formless bodies and glowing white eyes. They rarely spawn, and only in light level 0. They extremely rarely spawn above ground at night. They are formed from the leftover dark magic that tainted this land eons ago. They are decently strong and inflict blindness on those it attacks. You are immune to this blindness if you have a light spelled item on your body or in your main hand. They are immune to overworld weapons, so you must attack them with a spelled weapon. They drop shards of evil, which are used to summon the boss of this dimension.
Please sign in to leave a comment.