Let's talk about Armor Trims!Pinned
The upcoming 1.20 update will introduce a way to customize your armor with a new feature - armor trims - and you can try them out right now! Armor trims come in various patterns which you can find in the form of smithing templates hidden across the Minecraft world and can then be crafted with the smithing table in all manner of creative combinations!
To find out more about the feature check out the latest snapshot changelog.
As with any new feature, we want to hear your feedback as we continue to fine-tune armor trims ahead of the release. Alongside your general feedback, we also have some specific questions which we’re hoping to help us iron out the design.
- How challenging is it to find Smithing Templates, and is it rewarding?
- Does searching the world for Smithing Templates feel adventurous?
- Do the diamond requirements for copying Smithing Templates make them feel rare or special?
- Does applying armor trims with the redesigned Smithing Table feel intuitive?
- How do armor trims look visually?
- Are you able to be creative when combining different types of patterns on separate armor pieces?
Let us know your feedback, ideas, and suggestions for this feature in the comments!
How to test new Minecraft Features:
- Java Snapshot
- Coming soon to Bedrock Preview/Beta!
You can find all previous changelogs in the Knowledge Base in the "Beta Information and Changelogs" category.
Please sign in to leave a comment.