Last Update: 10 July 2019
We want to hear your best original ideas! Not someone else's. Not your friend's idea. Yours!
Your community team reviews all suggestions from feedback.minecraft.net. You will want to bookmark this page to check for updates, because we update it often. Just jump to the right place in our page below.
- General Notes
- Biomes and Structures
- Blocks, Tools, Items
- Game Mechanics
- Villagers Comments
- feedback.minecraft.net website
Please don't make new threads about these ideas! We have already talked about these ideas. If there is not a stated reason, it is because the team discussed the issue and decided the idea/concept is not a fit for Minecraft for various reasons. These threads will be considered spam, and are a violation of the Posting Guidelines.
- Furniture, decoration items: Features that inhibit natural creativity or can already be done in other ways are not being considered.
- Sideways slabs, vertical slabs: Features that inhibit natural creativity or can already be done in other ways are not being considered.
- Guns: All forms of guns and any suggestions containing guns. Muskets, "hand cannons", bazookas, rifles, cannons, and the like. If it can be classified as a gun, it is also classified as a solid no.
- Server options for consoles/open server options: We are constrained by the rules of the various platforms Minecraft is available on. We appreciate your interest!
- Body fluids (including animal ones): Not a fit for Minecraft. (reference)
- Mobs from MINECON live event 2017: Also no. As stated in our MINECON Earth livestream in 2017, we will not be adding the mobs that were not selected in the mob vote.
- Other people's mods (blocks, items, tools, etc.): While we have taken inspiration from community mods in the past (and added horses from Mo'Creatures in the past), we are no longer adding community-made mods to the base game of Minecraft. Please contact the talented community creators of these mods and ask them to take a look at the modding API documentation at http://aka.ms/minecraftaddons
- Updates on older platforms: The older generation of consoles now make up less than 5% of our active players, so we’ve made the difficult decision to focus our efforts to support players where they play Minecraft the most and where we plan to add new features on: Java Edition, PlayStation 4 Edition, and the versions of Minecraft made with the Bedrock Engine on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, mobile, and Windows 10. (reference)
- When you are making your redstone suggestions, please note that Java and Bedrock will not have the exact same the same redstone systems - this would require redoing redstone system completely on one platform or the other. The two systems are functionally different and are going to stay that way. Please be sure to tag your suggestions with (Java) or (Bedrock) going forward so we can direct your idea to the right place. Thanks for your help with this.
- Any feature, creature, or whatever related to real life politics or very specifically religious things. Yes, that's a pretty wide net with a fair bit of interpretation, but this is also a game.
- Changing the game name is not happening. (This is pretty self-explanatory.)
- Lying skeletons in the world. Determined to be not a fit for Minecraft. (29 May 2019)
- Roofed forest treehouses/contained buildings for Illusioners. (3 January 2019)
- The redwood forest was deemed "too similar" to the Mega Taiga. (5 October 2018)
- Mushroom Villages were decided upon as "not very likely". (5 October 2018)
- Witch huts are currently determined to be fine (no added chests/features). (9 August 2018)
- Timer blocks/commands
- Torches losing brightness when exposed to rain. (22 February 2019)
- Sleeping bags. Beds are unique so it is highly unlikely there will be any additional furniture items like them. (25 January 2019)
- We're not reviewing suggestions related to stacking ender chests/double ender chests, or similar ideas. (9 August 2018)
- "Miner hats are too modern, sadly." (reference) (August 2018)
- Colored water is already possible. (reference) (August 2018)
- Saddles made of things other than leather. (26 July 2018)
- Regarding food: 1) We would like the community to focus on foods that are not readily available via mods. 2) Please focus your suggestions on crops and/or recipes (a tomato) vs already prepared food (pizza). (17 July 2018)
- Breaking bedrock blocks in Survival: this includes but is not limited to tools, dimensions and biomes below bedrock, and any block, tool, item, spell, game mode or concept that doesn't currently exist to break bedrock. (23 May 2019)
- Dyable/Paintable wood. Current limitations are by design. (3 January 2019)
- Combined slabs. If you're thinking "putting two different kind of slabs together" would be great, it is! It just isn't going to happen. (6 September 2018)
- No mirrors. (9 August 2018)
- /MobEvents command (Bedrock) is here to stay. The advantages it potentially provides outweigh removing it. (March 2019)
- Sleeping during raids is going to be left as is. (March 2019)
- Thirst was discussed. The team indicated they would prefer to focus on hunger/hunger mechanics rather than add thirst/another mechanism with similar focus. (13 December 2018)
- Undo feature/command. (reference) (August 2018)
- Mixed Potions (reference) (August 2018)
- Elytra combined with chest plate suggestions: Part of the tradeoff of having an Elytra is it takes up half your armor. (12 July 2018)
- Sun blindness.
If it's OP, overpowered, excessively destructive, or just over the top, please tone it down. Please respect other people's copyrights, too.
- No realistic sharks.
- Illager golems. (March 2019)
- Ghost miners that lead you through a cave were considered and rejected. (13 December 2018)
- Mummies/Pyramids. Mummies are too similar to husks. (30 July 2018) Realistic sharks are not being considered. (26 July 2018)
- Dolphin effects that are very far out of character for these creatures (example: fleeing from drowned). No taming and riding dolphins.
- Baby dolphins.
- The drowned are not going to drown you. Just keep swimming. (9 August 2018)
- Drowned Dolphin Jockeys, doubly so if they're holding tridents. It's definitely not happening. (26 July 2018)
- Ducks just "aren't all they're quacked up to be" and not happening. (26 July 2018)
- No Herobrine, creepypasta and the like.
We are not likely to implement Minecoins as an earned currency for Mini-games or an achievement.
- Timer blocks/commands, redstone and otherwise
- Redstone pastes and varieties of that type. Have you seen our Wall Redstone thread? This will probably cover what you're looking for, and is under review. (3 January 2019)
- Piston Push Limits (and increases). Current limitations are by design. (3 January 2019)
Characteristics for villagers, NPCs and mobs that are also considered out of character for these creatures -
- Villagers are pacifists. They don't want to fight. This is why golems exist. (Let's improve golems!) Villagers do not want to be guards, knights, soldiers, fighters, defenders, warriors, or protectors.
- Villagers aren't interested in following you, being tamed or being hired to follow or help - they have their own things to do!
- They don't want to build things, or do anything but live and let live. They're pretty chill. No builders.
- Nitwits don't have jobs.
- Please do not suggest players having relationships or making babies with villagers. It's not you, it's them.
- Villagers are genderless- they are neither male nor female. (reference)
- Any visual changes that do not also apply to minecraft.net! (dark mode, backgrounds)
- Downvotes (we encourage positive, civil, constructive discussion)
- Additional tags for posts (this request has already been passed along)
- Voting without clicking through to see the entire post
- Removing features that keep our community safe ("pending approval" or filters)
- Adding features that do not encourage cooperation and collaboration ("contest", post spotlights)
- Personal inboxes (the risk of unsolicited messaging/spam is too high)
- Extended formatting options (we had them and they got misused)
- Post character limit increases. Editing is cool.
Thank you for your contributions! We look forward to continuing these productive discussions.