As of 25 June 2018, topics in the list below will be closed and removed, regardless of date posted, existing votes or other ideas attached. As this is a manual process, we know that things may slip under our radar – so as always, when you see one of these posts out in the wild, please report it via the green feedback button and “Report a Link” form so we can review it.
Your community team reviews all suggestions from feedback.minecraft.net. By increasing transparency with our community, we’re making sure we encourage discussions that have a higher opportunity for review for our developers. You will want to bookmark this page to check for updates, as it will be updated frequently as we collaborate with our developers on these topics.
Here’s the list. If you have previously posted or voted on these topics, please accept our thanks for your contribution, know that it has been fully discussed, and we definitely look forward to reading your other ideas. When we add a new idea to this list we will add the date whenever possible.
- (13 December 2018) Ghost miners that lead you through a cave.
- (13 December 2018) Thirst was discussed. The team indicated they would prefer to focus on hunger/hunger mechanics rather than add thirst/another mechanism with similar focus.
- (5 October 2018) The redwood forest was deemed "too similar" to the Mega Taiga.
- (5 October 2018) Mushroom Villages were decided upon as "not very likely".
- (6 September 2018) Combined slabs. If you're thinking "putting two different kind of slabs together" would be great, it is! It just isn't going to happen.
- (August 2018) "Miner hats are too modern, sadly." (reference)
- (August 2018) Undo feature/command. (reference)
- (9 August 2018) No stacking up the ender chests/double ender chests.
- (9 August 2018) No mirrors.
- (9 August 2018) Witch huts are currently determined to be fine (no added chests).
- (9 August 2018) There's scary, then there's just way too dark and scary. We don't need to make the drowned more scary, so they're not going to drown you. Just keep swimming.
- (9 August 2018) Let's talk about villagers again. They're just traders and that's all they want to do. They don't want to fight, or build, or do anything but live and let live. They're pretty chill.
- (August 2018) "At this time, baby dolphins are not going to be added. The suggestion was made & it was decided not to add them- especially since feeding dolphins has a different function (they direct you toward shipwrecks & ruins)" (reference)
- (August 2018) Colored water is already possible. "This is already possible in cauldrons, obviously, but when any water is picked up with a bucket it actually becomes a different item called a water bucket." (reference)
- (August 2018) Mixed Potions (reference)
- (August 2018) "All forms of poop and bodily fluids have already been rejected from being put in the base game, too." (reference)
- (30 July 2018) Mummies/Pyramids. Mummies are too similar to husks.
- (26 July 2018) Saddles made of things other than leather. Dyeable things however are still fair game. Putting the word "dyed" in front of an item is going to get old pretty quickly (please don't do this), so try to have a greater purpose in your suggestion to help us prioritize the needs!
- (26 July 2018) Drowned Dolphin Jockeys, doubly so if they're holding tridents. Not only is that terrifying, but it's definitely not happening. It was a little "too much".
- (26 July 2018) Ducks. They just aren't all they're quacked up to be. Sorry about that.
- (26 July 2018) Realistic sharks. Fantasy sharks are definitely more thematic! Also more creative.
- (17 July 2018) With regards to the now-closed food and recipe thread: 1) We would like the community to focus on foods that are not readily available via mods. 2) Please focus your suggestions on crops and/or recipes vs already prepared food (like pizza).
- (12 July 2018) Elytra combined with chest plate suggestions: Part of the tradeoff of having an Elytra is it takes up half your armor.
- Features that inhibit natural creativity or can already be done in other ways (example: furniture, vertical|sideways slabs)
- Guns (we shouldn’t have to say this, yet here we are)
- Dolphin effects that are very far out of character for these creatures (example: fleeing from drowned). This includes riding dolphins.
- Characteristics for villagers, NPCs and mobs that are also considered out of character for these creatures (example: villagers following you - they have their own things to do!)
- Changing the game name (this is pretty self-explanatory)
- Timer blocks/commands, redstone and otherwise
- Sun blindness
- Because players on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch are able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft, with all the Aquatic fun included, we won’t be adding the Update Aquatic features to the older Editions of the game that are still playable on these consoles. So it’s a good time to take the plunge with the new version! (Reference)
Things that are too similar to existing mobs or just variations on a theme? Probably should be avoided. You know you're veering too far into this when you're like "it's a X, but (feature) instead". Several items have fallen foul of this including but not limited to: turtle, dog and cat variations.
You may also want to take a look at your stuff and make sure to tone it down a little if it's gone way too overboard. If it's overpowered or too broadly destructive, you probably know this in the back of your mind so just take a look, and perhaps edit it down to something a little more reasonable. (No one shot wonder items, okay.)
We want to help your ideas have a high chance of success!
We have seen so many excellent fresh ideas as a result of our restructuring of feedback.minecraft.net and thank you for your contributions! We look forward to continuing these productive discussions.