Last Update: 11 March 2019
Your community team reviews all suggestions from feedback.minecraft.net. You will want to bookmark this page to check for updates, because we update it often.
You probably should avoid anything that is too similar to existing items or mobs. Stuff like, "it's a X (shulker, enderman, sword), but (feature) instead". We want to hear your best original ideas!
Here’s the list. If you have previously posted or voted on these topics, thank YOU! We definitely look forward to reading your other ideas. Please don't make new threads about these ideas! We have talked about these ideas and decided they are not a fit for Minecraft for various reasons. Where possible, we've tried to elaborate a little more below.
- Features that inhibit natural creativity or can already be done in other ways (example: furniture, vertical or sideways slabs)
- Any feature, creature, or whatever related to real life politics or very specifically religious things. Yes, that's a pretty wide net with a fair bit of interpretation, but this is also a game.
- Guns. All forms of guns. Muskets, "hand cannons", bazookas, rifles, cannons, and the like. If it can be classified as a gun, it is also classified as a solid no. Gunpowder is for TNT, splash potions, and fireworks.
- Changing the game name is not happening. (This is pretty self-explanatory.)
- Because players on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch are able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft, with all the Aquatic fun included, we won’t be adding the Update Aquatic features to the older Editions of the game that are still playable on these consoles. So it’s a good time to take the plunge with the new version! (Reference)
- "All forms of poop and bodily fluids have already been rejected from being put in the base game, too." (reference) Yes, this includes animal/mob manure.
- While we have taken inspiration from community mods in the past (and added horses from Mo'Creatures in the past), we are no longer adding community-made mods to the base game of Minecraft. If you'd like to see these mods come to the Bedrock platform, please contact the talented community creators of these mods and ask them to take a look at the modding API documentation at http://aka.ms/minecraftaddons
- As stated in our MINECON Earth livestream in 2017, we will not be adding the mobs that were not selected in the mob vote.
- Availability for "server options" for consoles. We appreciate all the great input on this thread - however, we are constrained by the rules of the various platforms Minecraft is available on.
Villager comments you should keep in mind
- Characteristics for villagers, NPCs and mobs that are also considered out of character for these creatures -
- Villagers aren't interested in following you or being hired to follow or help - they have their own things to do!
- Villagers are pacifists. They don't want to fight. This is why golems exist. (Let's improve golems!)
- They don't want to build things, or do anything but live and let live. They're pretty chill. No builders, no guards, no knights, no soldiers.
- Nitwits don't have jobs.
- Please do not suggest players dating or making babies with villagers. It's not you, it's them.
- Villagers are genderless- they are neither male nor female. (reference)
Builders, look here!
- Dyable/Paintable wood. Current limitations are by design. (3 January 2019)
- Combined slabs. If you're thinking "putting two different kind of slabs together" would be great, it is! It just isn't going to happen. (6 September 2018)
- No mirrors. (9 August 2018)
- Illager golems. (March 2019)
- Ghost miners that lead you through a cave were considered and rejected. (13 December 2018)
- Dolphin effects that are very far out of character for these creatures (example: fleeing from drowned). No taming and riding dolphins.
- "At this time, baby dolphins are not going to be added. The suggestion was made & it was decided not to add them- especially since feeding dolphins has a different function (they direct you toward shipwrecks & ruins)" (reference) (August 2018)
- There's scary, then there's just way too dark and scary. We don't need to make the drowned more scary, so they're not going to drown you. Just keep swimming. (9 August 2018)
- Mummies/Pyramids. Mummies are too similar to husks. (30 July 2018)
- Drowned Dolphin Jockeys, doubly so if they're holding tridents. Not only is that terrifying, but it's definitely not happening. It was a little "too much". (26 July 2018)
- Ducks just "aren't all they're quacked up to be" and not happening. Sorry about that, and the bad joke there. (26 July 2018)
- Realistic sharks are not being considered. Fantasy sharks are definitely more thematic! Also more creative. (26 July 2018)
- No Herobrine.
Biomes and Structures
- Roofed forest treehouses/contained buildings for Illusioners. (3 January 2019)
- The redwood forest was deemed "too similar" to the Mega Taiga. (5 October 2018)
- Mushroom Villages were decided upon as "not very likely". (5 October 2018)
- Witch huts are currently determined to be fine (no added chests). (9 August 2018)
Blocks, Tools, Items, and Redstone
- Torches losing brightness when exposed to rain. (22 February 2019)
- Sleeping bags. Beds are unique so it is highly unlikely there will be any additional furniture items like them. (25 January 2019)
- Redstone pastes and varieties of that type. Have you seen our Wall Redstone thread? This will probably cover what you're looking for, and is under review. (3 January 2019)
- Piston Push Limits (and increases). Current limitations are by design. (3 January 2019)
- "Miner hats are too modern, sadly." (reference) (August 2018)
- Colored water is already possible. "This is already possible in cauldrons, obviously, but when any water is picked up with a bucket it actually becomes a different item called a water bucket." (reference) (August 2018)
- We're not reviewing suggestions related to stacking ender chests/double ender chests, or similar ideas. (9 August 2018)
- Saddles made of things other than leather. (26 July 2018)
- Two comments about food straight from the developers and designers: 1) We would like the community to focus on foods that are not readily available via mods. 2) Please focus your suggestions on crops and/or recipes (a tomato) vs already prepared food (pizza). (17 July 2018)
- Timer blocks/commands, redstone and otherwise
- The /MobEvents command (Bedrock) was discussed and the advantages it potentially provides outweigh removing it. (March 2019)
- Sleeping during raids is going to be left as is. (March 2019)
- Thirst was discussed. The team indicated they would prefer to focus on hunger/hunger mechanics rather than add thirst/another mechanism with similar focus. (13 December 2018)
- Undo feature/command. (reference) (August 2018)
- Mixed Potions (reference) (August 2018)
- Elytra combined with chest plate suggestions: Part of the tradeoff of having an Elytra is it takes up half your armor. (12 July 2018)
- Sun blindness
- No one shot wonder items or mobs, okay. If it's OP, overpowered, excessively destructive, or just over the top, please tone it down.
- We are not likely to implement Minecoins as an earned currency for Mini-games or an achievement.
- Voting without clicking through to see the entire post
- Features that encourage "contest" or competition in the community vs cooperation and collaboration
- Personal inboxes (the risk of unsolicited messaging/spam is too high)
We want to help your ideas have a high chance of success!
We have seen so many excellent fresh ideas as a result of our restructuring of feedback.minecraft.net and thank you for your contributions! We look forward to continuing these productive discussions.