Help our team help your feedback get seen!
- Keep suggestions focused on a single idea per post. Feedback especially spanning multiple categories in a single post runs the risk of being removed.
- Check if your suggestion is already completed. Here is an unofficial Minecraft wiki: https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki
- "I agree" is a helpful post but also leads to spam. Elaborate on why you agree or if you have nothing to add, just let the votes speak for themselves.
- Avoid lists. Explain your ideas! Tell us why something belongs in Minecraft or not, because we know you care enough to add your feedback, it helps us explain to the team why that feature needs to go in (or out, or be adjusted).
- Put suggestions in the categories they belong in instead of one mega post! We have a lot of categories now.
- If you have a similar idea, but for a different version of Minecraft, you should to add your thoughts to the original thread. Remember, feedback is issue based, and will be addressed accordingly.
- Be concise. We love well thought out feedback. But pages and pages of an idea run the risk of “missing the actual stuff we need to see”. 250 words is a decent length and should cover the point adequately.
- Slow down! Search! If you know there’s a post already about combat, shields, and a specific animal then ask yourself if you can add there instead. New threads that are just a revisit of an existing thread and sound similar are likely to be deleted or merged with the first/relevant post on the topic, no matter how great the new thread may be, regardless of votes.
- Please resist that overwhelming idea to play “post cop”. That's not actually feedback. It’s cool when you point a user to existing info (and we’ve seen it done successfully but it is a delicate balance and it's better to just avoid that), but the minute someone feels compelled to post something that goes the route of “your post is bad and you should feel bad”, the entire thread runs the risk of getting shut down. Posting guidelines exist, actions will be taken. Drop on by and check them out.
- Please avoid advertising your feedback topic in a related topic. It is a violation of the posting guidelines ("Do not post comments asking people to vote on another idea."), and even though it's a minor one, it also clutters up the thread with the original feedback. No one likes clutter.
Please note as we tinker around and optimize our site while things are new, varying levels of moderation on our end may occur. It’s normal. It’s fine. Rules will be adjusted to help make this site even better on an ongoing basis, so check the front page for any updates and changes.
We want to make sure the feedback site stays a great, valuable place to post.
Thanks for reading and of course, for contributing!