As of 25 June 2018, topics in the list below will be closed and removed, regardless of date posted, existing votes or other ideas attached. As this is a manual process, we know that things may slip under our radar – so as always, when you see one of these posts out in the wild, please report it via the green feedback button and “Report a Link” form so we can review it.
Your community team reviews all suggestions from feedback.minecraft.net. By increasing transparency with our community, we’re making sure we encourage discussions that have a higher opportunity for review for our developers. You will want to bookmark this page to check for updates, as it will be updated frequently as we collaborate with our developers on these topics.
Here’s the list. If you have previously posted or voted on these topics, please accept our thanks for your contribution, know that it has been fully discussed, and we definitely look forward to reading your other ideas. When we add a new idea to this list we will add the date whenever possible.
- (17 July 2018) With regards to the now-closed food and recipe thread: 1) We would like the community to focus on foods that are not readily available via mods. 2) Please focus your suggestions on crops and recipes vs prepared food.
- (12 July 2018) Elytra combined with chest plate suggestions: Part of the tradeoff of having an Elytra is it takes up half your armor.
- Features that inhibit natural creativity or can already be done in other ways (example: furniture, vertical|sideways slabs)
- Guns (we shouldn’t have to say this, yet here we are)
- Dolphin effects that are very far out of character for these creatures (example: fleeing from drowned)
- Characteristics for villagers, NPCs and mobs that are also considered out of character for these creatures (example: villagers following you - they have their own things to do!)
- Changing the game name (this is pretty self-explanatory)
- Timer blocks, redstone and otherwise
- Suggestions regarding parity between platforms and clients. Achieving parity is something that our developers are already very invested in. If something’s missing right now, chances are it’s under discussion, and coming eventually. Please report these as bugs via bugs.mojang.com.
- Because players on Xbox One and Nintendo Switch are able to upgrade to the new version of Minecraft, with all the Aquatic fun included, we won’t be adding the Update Aquatic features to the older Editions of the game that are still playable on these consoles. So it’s a good time to take the plunge with the new version! (Reference)
We have seen so many excellent fresh ideas as a result of our restructuring of feedback.minecraft.net and thank you for your contributions! We look forward to continuing these productive discussions.