Updated Touch Controls Feedback [Bedrock Beta]Pinned
We heard your long-awaited desire for the controls to be updated and now, we are pleased to introduce to you two new WIP controller Interaction Models:
Touch - Like the existing, 'Classic' control scheme on mobile, but with a new touch joystick and updated buttons for jumping, crouching, and sprinting.
Crosshair - Like Touch, except it feels more like a console experience, allowing players to interact with the world at the point of the crosshair in the middle using action buttons for placement and interaction.
Please play around with the new Touch and Crosshair controls, including the added settings:
- Static Joystick - Keeps the Joystick in the same place rather than appearing where your left-thumb touches.
- Show Action Buttons (Crosshair only) - When off, the (left click / right click) action buttons are removed. Screen taps function like Touch, except at the point of the crosshair.
- Sprint on Movement - The sprint button is removed. Maximum movement on the left thumbstick triggers sprint.
The team prepared a few short questions and we would love your feedback to help us improve the controls:
- What do you like and not like about the new 'Crosshair' control Interaction Model in Creative, Survival, and Server play?
- What do you like and not like about the new 'Touch' control Interaction Model in Creative, Survival, and Server play?
- How did the controls feel on Touch? On Crosshair?
Thank you all for your help guiding the future of Minecraft!
Please sign in to leave a comment.