The new Caves and Cliffs update has everyone excited about, well caves and cliffs, with the exception of ravines, which fit into BOTH categories! So I'm a little confused that:
1. On Bedrock Edition, in the experimental snapshots, NO ravines break the surface, not even mega ravines, which as of 1.17, are GUARANTEED to. Imagine the time you found your first ravine. Was it above the surface? After 1.18, that ravine will be cut off at a height of 55.
2. Underground ravines are much deeper than they were previously, so the chances of casually finding them are much smaller.
3. Many of these underground ravines have no water where they did previously. This can cause large lakes of lava, dangerous to any survival player and disrespectful to the ravine(I imply this not in a personifying way).
I would like to request that:
1. Mega ravines break the surface until they cross a body of water(applying to land ravines only).
2. Underground ravines be entirely above y=0.
3. Underground ravines have water as frequently as they did in 1.17. The quantity of water does not matter(in my opinion) as long as it can generate obsidian in lava lakes.
I'm quite passionate about ravines and the beta features were rather jarring to me. I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this topic.
Please sign in to leave a comment.