I have an idea for a new cave biome that could come in 1.18, the Rotting Caverns!!
This biome would occur most commonly below y-level 32 to y-level -54. The biome would consist of massive mushrooms scattered around caves with , there would be your usual brown and red mushrooms but also two new types of mushrooms:
- Lightning shrooms: these would be blue in colour and give off a small amount of light.
- Golden mushrooms: these would be yellow in colour and can be used to heal the player 2 hearts by eating (basically a smaller health potion).
This biome would also bring a new mob with it, the shroomling! These creatures would be roughly one block tall, be the colour of mushroom stems and have small black eyes and mushroom hats, they love mushrooms and would trade little treasures with the player similar to how bartering works, they accept brown or red mushrooms. The list of things they give the player could include:
- raw ore (mainly copper and iron, rarely gold)
- cobblestone and other stones
- lightning shrooms
- golden mushrooms
- diamonds (very low chance)
- redstone (low chance)
- lapis (low chance)
So this is my idea, a new cave biome along with a new mob and some new shrooms! Thanks for reading!
Please sign in to leave a comment.