Datapacks are already great, but anything can be improved. So I suggest a few additions to datapacks.
New features to be covered
- Composting (I suggest the implementation as a recipe type)
- Brewing (maybe also a system to add custom potions to brew?)
- Villager trading (if possible, I know how complicated that is)
- Block Tags: sugar_cane_plantable_on and sapling_plantable_on, similar to bamboo_plantable_on
- Block Tags: mob_immune (similar to dragon_immune and wither_immune, so you can e.g. prevent blocks from being blown up by creepers)
- Item Tags: brewing_stand_fuel, zombie_villager_cure_items, enchanting_table_items (currently, these are Blaze Powder, Golden Apple & Lapis Lazuli)
- Maybe an effect tag for zombie villager curing?
- Add some sort of loot table inheritance; since most blocks have the "Rolls 1, Drop Block, Condition Survives Explosion" loot table, this could reduce the datapack size a lot
- Actually use the above concept in block loot tables
- Allow the amount of experience dropped to be set
- Structure files for Mineshafts, Strongholds, Ocean Monuments, Desert and Jungle Pyramids, Swamp Huts, Dungeons and Desert Wells
- Maybe make it JSON instead of NBT? (NBT is a pain in the ass to edit)
- Minimize the JSONs in the datapack (could again reduce the datapack size a lot)
- Ship the default worldgen settings in the JAR file
I would greatly appreciate to see at least some of these to be included in the game. Looking forward to any response!
Please sign in to leave a comment.