Multithreading For Minecraft
Players, imagine a world where we could have 1000 people on one Minecraft world, the battles royals would be insane. For Hypixel Skyblock you could have mega boss battles with 200+ people, for an anarchy server there would no longer be a waiting list as they could fit everyone and the TPS might reach 20. FPS might become Unlimited. It would just be a crazy fun, please vote for this future.
For the devs to implement this I suggest:
- Multi threaded chunk generation and loading
- Per-dimension tick threads, with synchronization on going through a portal
- Chunk serialization and gzipping for saving to disk to be done in a separate thread
- All mobs AI should be ticked simultaneously, including mobs pathing to players
- Move as much packet handling as possible to the netty thread
This would require a big undertaking but it would be very worth it as it will bring in a lot more customers and create a boom in mod creation. This is because Multi-threading would allow the full use of a CPU making it dirt cheap to run servers, creating a massive boom in new server. Because of this massive server boom there will be a huge demand for current version mod development. Once that demand is filled everyone will finally be able to leave 1.8.9
Please sign in to leave a comment.