This would be the perfect opportunity to add in the layers of Earth's crust.
- It'd solve the problem of the placement of diorite and andesite.
- Make archaeology make more sense.
- Help the big caves not look so monotone with entirely stone palette.
- Also if they wanted to add in more stone or rock variations, crust layers would make it easier to implement.
- Crust layers would help you roughly figure out what y levels you're at without having to use coordinates.
- They could even do something neat like certain ores are only found within certain layers of the crust. In other words, certain ores are only found within certain types of stone (It'd make sense since not all ore's in real life are formed so near each other)
- Someone mentioned making stone get harder as you go further down
This will most certainly drive home the Caves part of the update
Please sign in to leave a comment.