Ender Transmitters are craftable blocks made by combining a Sculk Sensor with an End Rod and seven Obsidian in a crafting table. When right clicked with an Eye of Ender, the Eye of Ender will become a Transmitter Eye keyed to that Ender Transmitter, similar to how a compass becomes a Lodestone Compass.
When a Transmitter Eye is right clicked, it will be consumed instantly, and its Ender Transmitter will emit a Redstone signal. This can also be done by activating a dispenser with the Transmitter Eye inside it.
Benefits this would have:
- It would add something genuinely new to the game: a way to instantly transmit a signal across the word.
- It would add an interesting and unique use for the Eye of Ender after the player activates the End Portal. Currently, post End, the Eye of Ender is a largely useless item.
- The dispenser activation aspect would allow for new and creative redstone contraptions.
- It would have unique uses in PvP, such as detonating TNT or activating a trap or device from afar.
- Would this be overpowered? No, because an Eye of Ender, which is not a cheap item until late game, is consumed with each signal.
The general idea of long-range signals is not new, but this specific implementation is. I believe is both balanced and feels like it builds on the existing game in a helpful and creative way. Please put this in your next update!
Please sign in to leave a comment.