I cant keep consistent players on realms without a really high turnover and these are the fixes to the major points causing me too loose people.
1) Make a new realms subscription for premium servers for premium devices and content. Such as ray tracing realms or add-ons that need a little more oomf (with the new changes to lower end devices being removed and extra and no dedicated server support for xbox, most sever hosts will look elsewhere because the new features aren't playable despite the "better together" mantra)
2) Update the UI so we can enable things like fire spreads without downloading a world and risking the dreaded "failed to upload" bug and have better admin without cheats being enabled. Example, kill all entities so we can clear someone's lag monster farm without an hours work.
3) Enable scaling cost packages. So you make a grid of no of players against server load and say you pay for server capacity but heavy redstone, add-ons ect could limit stability.
4) Keep the current realms system for the majority but make this so we can play big servers with our friends after 3 years they are looking to move back to java because realms is unplayable now when most of them are motivated by what they see on the hermitcraft server.
5) Annual subscription option for this, might be a lot less popular but to make it more transparent about how much more this premium subscription will cost annually to causal players.