Currently there are certain blocks, (e.g. glass, pistons, glowstone) that break the same speed no matter what tool is used, giving each block a tool that breaks it will greatly increase quality of life (especially when paired with efficiency) as breaking large quantities of these blocks is extremely slow (as I'm sure anyone who used the Nether to dry out sponges can tell you). I also feel that in the late game you should not have any moments where you break things the same speed as if you had just started the game.
The list of blocks below will still be able to be broken by any tool (or even your fist) but their tool should make breaking them faster (similar to shulker boxes being faster to break with pickaxes but still can be broken by any tool, including your fist).
The full list of my suggestions is:
- Glass (Panes and blocks)
- Glowstone and Redstone Lamps
- Sea Lanterns
- Honeycomb blocks
- Pistons (Already confirmed for 1.16)
- Beds (Hard to believe they don't already do this)
- Cacti (Axes are able to cut wood so why not cacti?)
- Carpet (You can break wool with shears but not carpet which is made of only wool?)
- Cake (IMO it should drop the cake if there's no bites taken out of it).
- Levers also currently have no tool, they should break instantly similarly to other redstone components e.g (Comparators, Tripwire Hooks and Repeaters to name a few).
Please sign in to leave a comment.