Right now, smelting everything takes the same duration, and the only variable affecting smelting is the fuel used (which affects how much items it can smelt), which is not very interesting.
The input and fuel should work together affect the smelting speed. Also, don't forget to take the type of furnace (regular furnace, blast furnace, smoker, etc.) into consideration.
My ideas are often too complicated to put in words, so I have some first-level examples:
- A blast furnace can smelt ores faster than meat
- A smoker can smelt meat faster than ores
- Coal and lava can smelt ores faster than meat
- Wood can smelt meat faster than ores
- Ores generally take longer to smelt than meat
And second-level examples: (compared to "base" smelting speeds)
- Meat + wood + smoker = faster
- Ores + coal/lava + blast furnace = faster
- Meat + coal/lava + blast furnace = slower
- Ores + wood + smoker = slower
- Meat + wood + blast furnace = somewhat slower
- Meat + coal/lava + smoker = somewhat faster
- Ores + wood + blast furnace = somewhat faster
- Ores + coal/lava + smoker = somewhat slower
(You may see that the type of furnace used affects much more than the fuel used)
Please sign in to leave a comment.