Currently, you have to memorise what Minecraft version is used by each of the servers you play on.
It might go like this:
1. Open the Launcher
2. Choose a Minecraft version (like 1.14.2)
3. In Minecraft, click "multiplayer' to see the server list
4. Now I can see that none of the servers I like are running 1.14.2 so I can't join. Oops. I look at the server I want to play on, remember what version it has, then exit Minecraft and go back to the launcher and start again with the right version.
I suggest that servers are listed in the launcher, so I can:
1. Open the launcher
2. Bring up the server list (in the launcher)
3. Choose any server I like, no matter what version it is running
4. The launcher launches the matching version of Minecraft, then joins that server.
Please sign in to leave a comment.