Mistletoe: A plant found growing on the trunks of trees, while it is considered a parasite, Mistletoe would be an interesting and useful plant to have...
• Obtaining: By breaking a mistletoe bush off of an oak tree’s trunk you will receive a mistletoe branch, this has various uses and can be regrown in a unique way. You can also shift click the mistletoe bush to take its berries, they will stop potion effects and restore 0.5 hunger points but are poisonous so watch out!
• Growth: Found naturally generated on oak trees, mistletoe will spread to other trees that are within 5 blocks or by the player placing a sapling that’s fallen from a tree with mistletoe upon its trunk. You can also spread mistletoe by placing a mistletoe berry on an oak tree trunk which will give the tree a 50% chance of sprouting a mistletoe bush.
Uses: (based on folklore)
• Luck: Long associated with luck, placing mistletoe above a bed will provide the last player/villager/cat that slept/sat upon said bed with luck. For example if above a villagers bed, that villager would have a higher chance of surviving a raid than the others. Wouldn’t that be lucky?
• Fertility: Mistletoe has long been associated with fertility, placement of mistletoe around farm animals and villages should provide a 10% chance of the mating mobs to have twins.
• Werewolf protection: Although there are no werewolves in minecraft, holding a mistletoe branch will keep angry wolves at a distance until you switch to another item. You could also place it around your sheep pens to keep wolves away from them too.
The wonders of Mistletoe...
Please sign in to leave a comment.