Mistletoe: A plant found growing on the trunks of trees, while it is considered a parasite, Mistletoe would be an interesting and useful plant to have...
• Obtaining: By breaking a mistletoe bush off of an oak tree’s trunk you will receive a mistletoe branch, this has various uses and can be regrown in a unique way. You can also shift click the mistletoe bush to take its berries, they will stop potion effects and restore 0.5 hunger points but are poisonous so watch out!
• Growth: Found naturally generated on oak trees, mistletoe will spread to other trees that are within 5 blocks or by the player placing a sapling that’s fallen from a tree with mistletoe upon its trunk. You can also spread mistletoe by placing a mistletoe berry on an oak tree trunk which will give the tree a 50% chance of sprouting a mistletoe bush.
Uses: (based on folklore)
• Luck: Long associated with luck, placing mistletoe above a bed will provide the last player/villager/cat that slept/sat upon said bed with luck. For example if above a villagers bed, that villager would have a higher chance of surviving a raid than the others. Wouldn’t that be lucky?
• Fertility: Mistletoe has long been associated with fertility, placement of mistletoe around farm animals and villages should provide a 10% chance of the mating mobs to have twins.
• Werewolf protection: Although there are no werewolves in minecraft, holding a mistletoe branch will keep angry wolves at a distance until you switch to another item. You could also place it around your sheep pens to keep wolves away from them too.
The wonders of Mistletoe...