I find more openings in savanna planes than mountains; I think that most of these openings in the planes should be "erroded" or covered over. Those that remain should have stone at the entrance with random rocks around them.
Openings into systems should form more on shorelines and in mountains
Openings should be treated as specific things rather than just where a cave enters into the over-world so that they have a random chance to look special:
- Widen the opening; choose a direction and excavate a V leading into the opening.
- Carved openings; faced stone piers either side of the opening
- Blocked up openings; timber or cobble with a door set into it
- Hidden openings; foliage, trees and vines obscure the opening
- Waterfall openings; waterfall above the opening so you have to pass through it to get in
- Worn entrance; random paths lead to the opening
- River; river starts or stops at the opening
- Shelter; bed, chest and camp fire found just within the opening (and wolf?)
- Explored; some ladders and random blocks of wood and fences found in and/or leading to the opening
- Tainted; a different biome material spreading from the floor of the opening (no plants)
- Mineshaft; leads deep into a mine (like in the badlands, but spawns from a mine complex upwards to the surface.)
Please sign in to leave a comment.