This suggestion comes from a post on the Minecraft Suggestions reddit site
I would like to elaborate on this idea with some of my suggestions for this as I think it could be a nice feature for the eventual Desert Biome update (see MineconEarth2018).
- Papyrus can be found naturally growing near desert villages, beside farm crops and near shallow rivers
- Differentiates from the lush green Oasis where Palm Trees would spawn (separate feature)
- the plant, much like sugarcane and bamboo, is specific to desert + savanna biomes due to its dried state. It starts off small and grows to a reasonably height (not too tall)
- its texture can be green at the base (more water concentrated) and as it grows there are colours of light green/yellow hues to represent its dried plant look
- papyrus, once grown, can be harvested much like sugarcane and bamboo, which gives more of it. This then can be used make papryus paper OR make paper as an additional method (I prefer latter becuase another paper type isnt needed/be redundant)
- papyrus can also be smelted into dried papyrus
- dried papyrus can be crafted with paper to make Scrolls: an alternative version of book and quills
Feel free to elaborate more on this idea, agree/disagree and vote if you think this should be added into Minecraft! I think it would go really well with the eventual additions of Palm Trees (w/ sub-desert biome Oasis) and Meerkats! Making the desert biome more vibrant and full of life, contrary to its sandy, barren plains :p
I also plan to hopefully make a Bedrock Edition Addon and/or Java Mod with this concept in mind. Then perhaps creating a video showcasing this suggestion to provide more insight. So there may be more information followed in the comments. :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.