Minecraft : The End of the Beginning -
If you played Minecraft from start to finish, getting blown up by creepers, scorched by ghasts, engaging the Wither, to get all the way to the Stronghold, fighting silverfish and what seems to be everything that has killed you in the past. You proceed to successfully defeat the Ender Dragon, final boss from all the way back from release 1.0, only to find there was no benefit at all from defeating the beast. except a useless egg sitting perched atop a bedrock pillar, only to find that you need a torch in order to even collect your trophy. Elytra, sure, but thats really it.
The goal of this update is to provide a real challenge when tasked with defeating the dragon, and a real reward for doing so. Here is my proposal.
Ender Dragon Changes -
* Bug : The Ender Dragon will no longer instantly kill you by launching you 50 blocks into the air.
* Change : When above 100 HP, the dragon will attack you from the ground, using 3 types of attacks -
* The Dragon can hit you with its tail, dealing 6 points of damage (3 hearts) per hit. Knocks you back as if you were hit with a Knockback II weapon.
* The Dragon will swiftly shoot a fireball at you, and if you are hit, will directly transition into its third attack.
* The Dragon will walk up to the player and use a scratch attack, dealing only 4 points of damage, but inflicting Wither I for 3 seconds.
* Change : When below 100 HP, the ender dragon will fly up into the sky and use attacks from before the update, combined with 2 new attacks, one only used in Hardcore Mode.
* The Dragon will land on the bedrock pole, and summon 3-5 Endermites to attack the player.
* Hardcore Only : It will swoop down, and grab you, take you 25 blocks high and drop you.
Dragon Egg Influence :
The Dragon Egg is now breakable with a stone pickaxe or better, when it is broken, all Endermen in The End, and Phantoms in the overworld are freed from the Ender Dragon's grasp, and are now friendlier
* Endermen will still attack you if you attack them.
Merchant Enderman are a new mob that can spawn after the Dragon Egg is broken.
* Can be traded with
* uses Gold as currency.
When the Dragon Egg is broken, it will explode and the portal out of the end will appear, Chorus plants will grow, along with fireworks and a "You Freed the End" message appearing onscreen, to give the player a real sense of accomplishment.
* The amount of fireworks increases on the difficulty the dragon was beaten in.
New Block - Enderporter, can transport the player at anytime to The End and back. only obtained after the dragon egg is broken.
Please sign in to leave a comment.