Most people think the Nether needs more unique features (those only found in the Nether itself). I believe adding more Nether-only ores will encourage its exploration.
Below is an image of an uncut Sapphire, which will exist as an ore and item.
Sapphire ore will generate in small nodes between layers 80-121 (the Nether's ceiling starts at 121). It is most common from layers 108-121. However, its rarity is equivalent to diamond ore. Mining sapphire ore requires an iron, diamond, or golden pickaxe. It may even spawn next to Quartz ore. Similar to diamond ore, it does not need to be smelted first and drops sapphires when mined.
Sapphires will be a new tier for tools/armor/swords. There are a few pros and cons I've listed:
- Upon wearing all Sapphire armor, the user is granted unlimited Fire Resistance making them immune to lava, fire, magma blocks, and blaze fireballs.
- Sapphire tools/armor/swords are not destroyed by fire or lava and will float in lava
- Durability is only slightly below that of diamond equipment
- Sapphire tools have a block breaking multiplier of 7 (between iron and diamond)
- Sapphire swords have the same base attack damage of diamond swords
- Fairly low set defense point yield of 11 (on par with gold armor sets)
- Just as rare as diamonds
- Lowest enchantability rating of only 3 (second lowest is iron with 9 while diamond has 10)
- Most dangerous to mine due to fall damage/falling into lava
I think this will be an interesting tier to add for those who want to explore the Nether without using potions of fire resistance or enchanted golden apples and not having their gear destroyed by lava/fire after death. It is also useful for new Nether explorers - as they will not have access to magma cream needed to craft potions of fire resistance (or even a brewing stand).
Thanks for reading my suggestion and looking forward to your feedback!
Please sign in to leave a comment.