Description: The siren is a block with a gold horn protruding from a box which makes a loud sound when activated by a Redstone signal.
- Type: Block
- Physics: No
- Transparency: Yes
- Luminance: No
- Blast resistance: 1
- Tool: Any tool
- Renewable: Yes
- Stackable: Yes (64)
- Flammable: No
- Drops: Itself
Obtaining: The siren can be mined with any tool.
- Breaking time: 0.75
A siren will break if: Its attachment is moved, removed, or destroyed, water or lava flows into its block space, or if a piston tries to push it.
- Crafting: A (gold) conch horn (see my suggestion) in the middle left, a dispenser in the center, a lever in the middle right, and any fence post bottom middle.
Usage: The siren will emit a loud alarm sound if powered by redstone. The sound is unaffected by the direction of the horn.
- Placement: The horn can be placed on top of, onto the side, or under any solid block. If placed onto the side of a block, the golden horn will always face away from the block. If placed on top of or under a block, the box the horn attaches to will be slightly elevated by a small stand which base takes up the entire block (in order to reach any redstone), and the horn will face whatever direction the player is facing (not including up and down.
- Activation: The sound is activated by a redstone signal.
- Hanging siren (under block): Activated by a redstone signal on top the block it is hanging from.
- Mounted siren (next to block): Activated by a redstone signal directed into the block it is attached to.
- Standing siren (on top of block): Activated by a redstone signal attached to the stand or from under the block it is standing on.
In-Game Application: This block would be more of a decorative block rather than a functional block, but if the Redstone Lamp gets the light slot, then the siren could get the sound slot.
I also noticed that the Bell is being added in the next update, so this could be to that what the redstone lamp is to torches.
I also admit that the idea just came to me while I was doing the conch horn suggestion.
Thank you for considering my suggestion. More to come.
Please sign in to leave a comment.