On big servers, Sponges can be VERY difficult to come by, especially if you need a lot of them.
Even on smaller servers of 15-20 people, finding and clearing enough monuments for even 1 stack of Sponges can be a daunting endeavor.
I propose 2 solutions for making Sponges renewable:
- Guardians struck by lightning become Elder guardians. This idea was formed by ilMango and the Scicraft team. Even with the Channeling enchantment, getting a lot of Sponges is still a work-heavy task, but a dedicated player will be able to do it without bloating the world folder and clearing every monument around.
- A crafting recipe for Sponges that includes the following: 1 Dead Bush, 1 Vine, 1 Stone, and 1 Piston. Allow me to explain:
Synthetic, or man-made, sponges are commonly made from 3 ingredients:
- Cellulose derived from Wood Pulp (justifying the dead bush and the piston)
- Hemp Fiber (closest thing we have is the vines)
- Sodium Sulfate (a crystallized substance found within many types of stone, further justifying the piston)
Please sign in to leave a comment.