Where do you want to travel next in Minecraft? How can improve our existing biomes and dimensions?
Biomes are regions in a Minecraft world with varying geographical features, flora, heights, temperatures, humidity ratings, and sky and foliage colors. Biomes separate every generated world into different environments, such as forests, jungles, deserts, and taigas. There are 73 different biomes right now. Adding new biomes are kind of a big deal. And by kind of we mean, a really big deal.
There are currently three dimensions: The Overworld (the "normal" gameworld), The Nether (a "a hell-like dimension), and The End (filled with sparse floating islands, home to the Ender Dragon). All three are surrounded by The Void.
As you can see, making a new biome or dimension is difficult. Where do you start?
- Describe your Biome or Dimension! What makes it different than every other thing Minecraft can offer?
- Visit Structures and give your new area some places to visit!
- It’s all about those Mobs, Animals, and non-Humanoids - and probably the real reason you want to visit a new area!
- Do you have villages or places where Humanoids would dwell? Come talk about those Villagers, NPC, Humanoids over here if you have some!
- Who doesn't love some sweet loot - or maybe brand new blocks and items to find? Those go in the Blocks, Tools, and Items category.
- Are you thinking about new Gameplay mechanics that would make your idea shine?
Go on back to your original post in Biomes and Dimensions and add those links in to all your posts in other places. Learn how to edit your post! Don't spam your post with commentary and links when you can edit them!
Congrats! You’ve created a brand new biome or dimension!
We can't wait to see your ideas.