We've now released 1.19.1 pre-release 4. This pre-release fixes an exploit found regarding contextual chat evidence when creating a Player Report.
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 1.19.1 PRE-RELEASE 4
- Custom servers can hide player chat messages from display via a new network packet
- This does not delete player chat messages from chat logs
- Insecure chat messages logged in the server are prefixed with a [Not Secure] tag
- The order of chat messages are now cryptographically verified
- This will be used for validating the context of chat messages for Player Reports
FIXED BUGS IN 1.19.1 PRE-RELEASE 4
- MC-253743 - The server console doesn’t state if chat messages aren’t secure or have been modified
- MC-253813 - Chat commands with entity selectors often reported as “This message is not secure”
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?