Posted: 17 February 2022
PLEASE READ before participating in the Minecraft Beta:
- Joining the beta will replace your game with a work-in-progress version of Minecraft
- You will not have access to Realms and will not be able to join non-beta players while you're previewing the beta
- Any worlds played while in the beta cannot be opened in previous versions of the game, so please make copies of worlds to prevent losing them
- Beta builds can be unstable and are not representative of final version quality
- The beta is available only on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions
- Minecraft Preview players may receive a slightly different version number, but the fixes and features here should be the same. More information can be found here: aka.ms/PreviewFAQ.
It's time for another update, and here's a list of what is new in this week's Beta! As always please search and report any bugs you may find at bugs.mojang.com.
- Minecraft Preview players on Windows and iOS can now join each other's games!
- We are aware that some Android devices may experience a crash when creating a world. This will only happen once at most, after which you can create worlds as usual.
Features and Bug Fixes
- Fixed actor definition identifiers not being recognized if the item or block name contains "."
- Damage is now calculated more accurately, we now properly calculate and store partial damage for larger damage
- Mobs across higher and lower difficulties have their damage adjusted slightly accordingly
- Armor and protection reduction calculations have been made more accurate
- Dragon's breath attack now properly deals damage (MCPE-94317)
- The player's position when rejoining a world will remain the same if they quit while in lava (MCPE-82480)
- Players can now fly down through ladders and other climbable blocks such as vines in creative without stopping (MCPE-82480)
- Fixed a bug where shield blocking animation stops playing smoothly after blocking once (MCPE-149838)
- Fixed a bug where "carrots_stage_3" texture filename was incorrect and did not show up in-game (MCPE-152175)
- Bees no longer become angry when Beehives are destroyed by Silk Touch (MCPE-83550)
- Blaze fireballs, Fang attack damage, and Shulker bullets now deal consistent damage across all difficulties
- Small Magma Cubes do slightly more damage, from 2 to 3 on normal
- Spiders deal slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 on normal (MCPE-94878)
- Baby Zoglins deal slightly less damage, from 1 to 0.5 on normal
- Skeleton melee attack does slightly less damage, from 3 to 2 on normal
- Wolves deal slightly more damage, from 3 to 4 on normal
- Baby Hoglins no longer attack players
- Cows, Pigs, Chickens, and Sheep no longer spawn in cold taiga biomes
- Buttons in touch controls no longer get stuck in pressed state when players go outside of the button area (MCPE-151921)
- Fixed an issue where text would display incorrectly on certain Android devices in the new UI (MCPE-151916)
- Fixed a crashing issue that could occur when hovering over the search bar in the crafting menu when playing with a controller
- Coin Purchase Screen now includes “Coin Starter Bundles” for purchase on some platforms
- Game no longer hangs/crashes when clicking "View More"
- Marketplace tags now fit in description section
- Download popup no longer flickers when closed
- Client now supports multiple player count tags in Marketplace pages
- Added warning popup on Marketplace pages when attempting to equip skin pack skin while character creator item is equipped
- Fixed an issue that caused some emotes to have unintended rotations when near the end of their animation (MCPE-134328)
- Exposed new data parameter "calculate_new_path_radius" for the Go Home Goal. This is for specifying a distance in blocks that the mob is considered close enough to the end of the current path. A new path will then be calculated to continue toward home
- Added Knockback Height Cap value to Knockback Roar Goal
- Fixed a bug where timeline events at 0.0 would sometimes not run in looping animations
- Fixed command block failing to summon mob in Extreme Speed Runner Marketplace map
Technical Experimental Features
- Due to engine limitations, "minecraft:geometry" data used for blocks with the Holiday Creator Features experimental toggle are now restricted to only allow geometry in the [0,0,0] to [15,15,15] space. Any blocks loaded from behavior packs that exceed this limit will render as the info_update block and show a content error in the log.
- Exposed the following components for Actors. Each of these has a valueproperty that contains the data of the component.
- Removed radiusargument from command /gametest clearall
- Modified the behavior of function attack()to make the simulated player swing even when no target is found
- Added event entityHit(entityHitEvent: EntityHitEvent, options?: EntityEventOptions)- Fires when an entity or block is hit by another entity
- function playSound(soundID : String, soundOptions : SoundOptions) - plays a sound for a player, cannot be heard by entities other than that specific player
- Now have two new fields, GiveItem and TakeItem, specifying if it is possible to give/take items from an entities main hand slot. Taking the item also drops the inventory of the mob
- Weapon events are correctly applied when the Weapons are used by Mobs (MCPE-118692)