The sixth pre-release for 1.18 is now available. This pre-releases squashes some more bugs. Additionally, we now save the game more often, similar how to you should remember to save backups more often.
CHANGES IN 1.18 PRE-RELEASE 6
- The numbers of features in cave biomes have been tweaked
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 1.18 PRE-RELEASE 6
- The game now saves chunks whenever there is time spare to reduce autosave spikes
FIXED BUGS IN 1.18 PRE-RELEASE 6
- MC-236947 - Signature attribute is stripped from java records
- MC-238930 - Soul Sand and Soul Soil generate below the nether ceiling
- MC-238959 - Falling block placing at Y=1 changes into dropped item when landing on Y=0
- MC-239880 - Some chunks have missing blocks below 0
- MC-239900 - Upgrading custom world to 21w43a ignores min_y and height
- MC-241263 - Off-heap memory leak
- MC-241409 - Game crashes when terrain shaper data is missing
- MC-241630 - Temperatures don’t properly get converted
- MC-241767 - Breaking a vine or ladder block while the player is climbing it while sneaking allows the player to hover in place indefinetly
- MC-241820 - Ocean Monuments upgraded from previous versions appears to have the bounding box shifted to chunk borders north and west
- MC-241830 - Windswept savannas in amplified worlds have the incorrect surface blocks
- MC-241941 - Nether bedrock roof can generate exposed
- MC-242016 - Dripstone doesn’t generate at high y values
- MC-242022 - Game crashes when loading new chunks (Exception generating new chunk, caused by ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 268435455 out of bounds for length 32)
- MC-242479 - Pointed dripstone makes holes in lava pools
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?