Another snapshot is now available. We've added new world generation below existing chunks, and blocks and fluids are now also part of the simulation distance setting. We also fixed a few bugs.
Keep in mind that we're still working on the world upgrades, so making a backup before upgrading is still a good idea.
NEW FEATURES IN 21W44A
- New world generation is now inserted under existing chunks when upgrading a world to the new world height
- Added an Online options screen where you can now find the Realms Notifications option and Difficulty when on a server
- Added an “Allow Server Listings” option to opt-out of having your name displayed in server listings
CHANGES IN 21W44A
- Sleeping now only resets the weather cycle if it was raining
- Blocks and fluids are now also affected by simulation distance. It might be a good idea to test that the behavior of your redstone contraptions remained the same
- Optimized entity collisions
TECHNICAL CHANGES IN 21W44A
- Servers can now set property hide-online-players to true in order to not send a player list on status requests
- When JFR profiling is started from an external source, the JFR events for network packets are now aggregated instead of one event per packet
FIXED BUGS IN 21W44A
- MC-63340 - Sleeping always resets time until rain
- MC-170551 - Foxes can’t spawn on podzol or coarse dirt
- MC-200494 - In mineshafts, torches can generate attached to blocks other than the wooden supports
- MC-216432 - Mineshafts can generate with light but without any torches
- MC-216561 - Torches not spawning in abandoned mineshafts under y=0
- MC-217038 - Large dripstone structures can be generated outside the caves
- MC-236701 - New mountain biomes don’t count towards “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-236938 - /jfr stop output does not have a link
- MC-237986 - Mobs specific to structures aren’t spawning in their structures
- MC-238062 - Foxes & Wolves don’t spawn in Groves
- MC-238761 - Adventuring Time does not account for the new cave biomes
- MC-238877 - Deep Ocean & Ocean is not needed for the “Adventure Time” advancement
- MC-238900 - Values of ‘Infinity’ in noise settings in default worldgen
- MC-238912 - Powder snow strips can’t generate exposed to the surface
- MC-238962 - Icebergs go all the way to ocean floor.
- MC-238966 - Old Growth Spruce Taiga and Old Growth Birch Forest aren’t part of the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-238968 - Windswept Gravelly Hills & Windswept Savanna aren’t apart of the “Adventuring Time” advancement
- MC-239280 - Withers do not move down to follow the player when the wither’s health is half or lower
- MC-239344 - All torches in mineshafts are facing the wrong way
- MC-239359 - Wither Skeletons can only spawn on Nether Bricks
- MC-239689 - The “amplified” boolean in noise settings does nothing
- MC-239854 - Nether and caves world is missing bedrock
- MC-239858 - Nether decorations can be generated on the original bedrock layer
- MC-239866 - Terrain shaper in noise_settings is not used
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?