Posted: June 9, 2021
PLEASE READ before participating in the Minecraft Beta:
- Joining the beta will replace your game with a work in progress version of Minecraft
- You will not have access to Realms and will not be able to join non-beta players while you're previewing the beta
- Any worlds played while in the beta cannot be opened in previous versions of the game so please make copies of worlds to prevent losing them
- Beta builds can be unstable and are not representative of final version quality
- The beta is available only on Xbox One, Windows 10, and Android (Google Play). To join or leave the beta, see aka.ms/JoinMCBeta for detailed instructions
It's time for another Caves & Cliffs beta update! Please continue to leave us your feedback in the threads at aka.ms/CavesCliffsFeedback, and search and reports any new bugs you may encounter at bugs.mojang.com.
Features and Bug Fixes
- Candles are now available in the game!
- Can be placed in clusters up to four and lit using Flint & Steel
- Try putting one on a Cake and make a wish!
- Candles can be crafted using a Honeycomb and String
- Combine with dye on a crafting grid to craft different colored Candles
- Falling Anvils and Stalactites now deal damage to mobs when landing in liquid
- Fixed a bug where players going through Cobwebs would take fall damage before hitting the ground (MCPE-121550)
- Descending through Powder Snow with touch controls now uses the same button as descending through Scaffolding
- Vanilla Parity: Empty Buckets can no longer be used to collect Fish
- Axolotls now only spawn in complete darkness
- Iron Golems and Evokers are no longer sometimes aggressive on Peaceful difficulty (MCPE-47012)
- Glow Squid now darkens to match the surrounding light level when hurt (MCPE-121754)
- When Goats are performing a ram attack, mobs will no longer retaliate against the Goats (MCPE-129619)
- Fixed a warning that could appear in splitscreen when encountering Guardians
- Featured item thumbnails now remain within the featured items window
- The "Choose New Skin" button now shows up even when there is no imported custom skin (MCPE-128971)
- The "Choose New Skin" button no longer disappears after selecting the slim custom option
- Fixed an issue that was causing the player's head to not animate properly with emotes (MCPE-126902)
- Using a fire charge to light objects (such as candles) may cause a crash
- Fixed experimental 'query.target' to work on client-side queries
Data Driven Blocks
- Updated documentation for 'BlockUnwalkableComponent'
- Players will now be given a content error when custom recipes are invalid
- Renamed "minecraft:scaffolding_climber" to "minecraft:block_climber", it now processes climbing both Scaffolding and Powder Snow
- Content creators can now create multi-page dialogues with branching narrative for NPCs using the '/dialogue' command and dialogue JSON files
GameTest Framework (Experimental)
- Renamed 'World.event.weatherChanged' to 'World.event.changeWeather'
- Added event 'World.event.addEffect' - Fires when an effect is applied to an entity.
- Added event 'World.event.createEntity' - Fires when an entity is added to the world.
- Removed function 'World.addEventListener'
- Changed function 'getDuration()' to property 'duration'
- Changed function 'getAmplifier()' to property 'amplifier'
- Added property 'displayName' - Gets the display name of the effect