It's Monday and it's time for another pre-release! This one fixed a few bugs and crashes.
In case you missed our recent news, we just announced that we're releasing Caves & Cliffs Part I on June 8th. That's soon!
THE CAVES & CLIFFS PREVIEW
Download the updated datapack.
FIXED BUGS IN 1.17 PRE-RELEASE 2
- MC-68129 - Smooth lighting doesn’t work properly underwater
- MC-196298 - Arrows fired into the side of bamboo or pointed dripstone never despawn
- MC-205840 - Smooth lighting behaves oddly on blocks covered with tinted glass
- MC-213767 - Flowering azalea leaves ID is unintuitive
- MC-220698 - The ExplosionPower of ghast fireballs is uncapped, causing a freeze / crash
- MC-223602 - Glowing translucent entities often don’t merge their outlines with other glowing entities
- MC-225190 - Tnt can be pushed with enchanted sword with knockback
- MC-225911 - Slimes and Magma Cubes not interacting with player
- MC-226470 - Nether Fossils generate on the nether roof above bedrock in soul sand valleys
- MC-226561 - Facing away from signs with glowing text makes the text disappear or z-fight
- MC-226576 - Unknown CPU on Debug menu.
- MC-226782 - /debug start does not work as described
GET THE PRE-RELEASE
Pre-releases are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Pre-releases can corrupt your world, so please make a backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?