A delicious snapshot appears! This snapshot introduces some tweaks to the raw ore textures, a few copper changes, and the introduction of noodle caves in the Caves & Cliffs Preview datapack.
If you have any feedback, a penne for your thoughts…
CHANGES IN 21W17A
- Small Dripleaves can now also be placed on Moss Blocks
- Copper Ore drops 2-3 raw Copper when mined, or more when using a tool enchanted with Fortune
- Copper Blocks are now crafted from 9 Copper Ingots
- Tweaked the texture of raw Metal blocks
Click here for a full resolution image of the new raw ore textures in snapshot 21w17a.
CHANGES TO THE CAVES & CLIFFS PREVIEW
Download the updated datapack here.
- Large Ore Veins have been tweaked
- Added noodle caves – thinner, squigglier, and more claustrophobic variant of spaghetti caves
Click here for a full resolution image of noodle caves in snapshot 21w17a.
LARGE ORE VEINS
- Ore veins are now slightly rarer and slightly smaller (but they are still large!)
- The ores in the vein are clumpier and less evenly distributed
- If you are lucky you may find a raw ore block in the vein
FIXED BUGS IN 21W17A
- MC-170443 - Banner copying recipe ignores existence of other items in crafting grid
- MC-187664 - World border uses float to determine its size, making some border sizes inaccessible, and cannot be set to 30 million or beyond
- MC-201269 - Constantly teleporting player to a phantom crashes the game/kicks the player
- MC-203570 - Candles aren’t grouped in the recipe book
- MC-203745 - Repeated teleport between dimensions causes the entity to duplicate on the client
- MC-204031 - Waxed Cut Copper (any level of weathered) have two separate recipes in the recipe book
- MC-214187 - Void platform generates multiple times
- MC-214735 - Horse disappears when dying while riding it and reloading the world while it’s unloaded
- MC-214838 - Big dripleaf stem remains after breaking a stem or leaf above it
- MC-214865 - Floating islands world type generates extreme terrain
- MC-219155 - Fishing line only starts on half distance between the fishing rod and bobber (Apple M1 only)
- MC-219840 - You cannot unlock the recipe for Mossy Stone Bricks
- MC-219842 - Recipes for mossy cobblestone and mossy stone bricks aren’t grouped
- MC-220033 - (Parity issue) Hanging Roots can’t be waterlogged
- MC-221560 - Copper/Coal Ore in Deepslate Patches aren’t Deepslate Ores
- MC-222008 - Empty/missing template pool error grammar mistake
- MC-222520 - Raw and Ore smelting previews aren’t grouped together
- MC-223055 - Amethyst buds and cluster have an unused blockstate
- MC-223792 - Shrinking world border with center past x/z 29999983 crashes the game
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?