Today's Caves & Cliffs snapshot is particularly shiny! You could almost say it's glowing... Oh wait, that's a squid.
NEW FEATURES IN 21W03A
- Added glow lichen!
- Added glow squid!
- A dim light source that generates in caves.
- Use shears to pick it up.
- Use bonemeal to spread it along block surfaces.
Glow squids have been added, but do not yet spawn naturally. You can find spawn eggs for them in the creative inventory.
- Glow Squids are well-lit and can be seen from even far distances!
- When killed, glow squids drop glow ink sacs.
- Glow ink sacs can be used on signs to make the text super visible, even at night! Works with colors!
- Craft a glow item frame by combining a glow ink sac with an item frame in a crafting table. Any item in a glow item frame is perfectly illuminated, even at night!
- Use an Ink Sac on a sign to remove the glow effect.
- Axolotls will attack any glow squids they see, so…be careful.
CHANGES IN 21W03A
- Dripstone blocks can be crafted from 4 pointed dripstone.
FIXED BUGS IN 21W03A
- MC-9568 - Mobs suffocate / go through blocks when growing up near a solid block
- MC-89880 - Spawner with weight 0 crashes game
- MC-91522 - Shulker rendering position desync and generates ghost shulker when destroying shulker-ridden boat or minecart
- MC-92349 - Players can’t tempt animals with food while other players are closer to the animal
- MC-92867 - Setting Json text value to null throws exceptions and crashes
- MC-105344 - Shulkers in boats and minecarts do not sit up if previousely attached to blocks sideways
- MC-108717 - Shulkers can’t be pushed back
- MC-111196 - Using a monster spawner to spawn shulkers spawns white shulkers
- MC-113177 - Shulkers cannot be pushed inside non-solid blocks
- MC-119051 - Random transparent line in shulker box GUI texture
- MC-121897 - Gaps in an animation’s used frames throws ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
- MC-139265 - Shulkers do not teleport correctly when going through a portal
- MC-161334 - Shulker boxes cannot be opened if next to a shulker mob
- MC-168900 - Shulkers teleport with original dimension coordinates after passing through portals
- MC-183884 - Shulkers are afraid of being next to another shulker
- MC-186172 - Shulkers open into blocks when unable to teleport
- MC-190677 - Shulkers aren’t aligned to the grid for a split second after being spawned in
- MC-200195 - Boats don’t try dismounting you on land
- MC-202202 - Server is unable to prevent a player from dismounting a vehicle, causing a desync
- MC-203373 - Shulker bullet subtitles are not capitalized correctly
- MC-203571 - Right-clicking an empty bundle sometimes plays hand animation
- MC-204337 - Bundle use stat never increases
- MC-205076 - Game mode selection is ordered differently
- MC-206118 - “type” in loot table number providers is not optional anymore
- MC-206510 - Game crashes when trying to shift-click a chest into the inventory of a donkey whose chest is being removed
- MC-206550 - block.pointed_dripstone.drip_[liquid/cauldron] has no subtitles
- MC-206599 - Pointed dripstone can be placed atop each other, even if a player would be inside the hitbox of the lower dripstone
- MC-206923 - Dripstone subtitles are not capitalized properly
- MC-207250 - Dripstone caves biome name is not properly capitalized
- MC-207254 - Dripstone caves generate merging dripstones in impossible ways
- MC-207293 - Dripstone generated in dripstone caves can replace lava sources which looks weird
- MC-207335 - Mobs cannot spawn in Dripstone Caves
- MC-207388 - Issues with chunk rendering when height limit is large
- MC-207900 - Summoning "dust" or "dust_color_transition" particles kicks nearby players when on a server
- MC-208336 - ‘player’ sub-predicate of ‘entity_properties’ predicate only passes if game mode is specified
- MC-208611 - Shulkerboxes/bundles duplicate items when destroyed by two fire blocks simultaneously
- MC-208666 - Shulker boxes and bundles drop their items twice when thrown into a lava cauldron
GET THE SNAPSHOT
Snapshots are available for Minecraft: Java Edition. To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, so please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.