Posted: June 29, 2020
Our developers have been hard at work getting top issues addressed for this hotfix. Several of these were reported by players, so keep those reports coming at bugs.mojang.com! Even more fixes are already in the works for another update coming soon.
16th July 2020 - 1.16.1 Hotfix Update (PlayStation 4)
We're releasing a new hotfix for the 1.16.1.04 update on PlayStation 4 that greatly improves stability in the game. Be sure to check below for the full list of fixes on all platforms.
8th July 2020 - 1.16.1 Hotfix Update (PlayStation 4)
Today we are releasing a hotfix for PlayStation 4 that will enable you to clear your sign in data when launching the game, which we hope will avoid the issue where the game is getting stuck on the loading screen and potentially crashing.
- Implemented a workaround button combination on startup to clear the player's download cache on PS4 (MCPE-84790)
You may wish to try the following after the game has updated to version 1.16.1.03:
- Launch Minecraft
- When the initial loading screen appears, hold the following buttons:
- Button combination is L1 + R1 + L2 + R2 + OPTIONS + Touch Pad, and must be held until the initial splash screen is removed
29th June 2020 - 1.16.1 Hotfix
- Fixed several issues with Netherite items being lost in fire or lava (MCPE-70774, MCPE-79753, MCPE-84796)
- Recipe Select button prompt shows when hovering over a non-craftable recipe book item using controller (MCPE-79725)
- Recipe selected items put in the crafting input grid can now be hovered over with the controller to see their tooltip names
- Fixed a crash that could occur when playing an emote and suspending the game (MCPE-73325)
- Fixed a crash that occurred on PlayStation 4 due to other players using custom skins
- Emotes can no longer be equipped before unlocking them (MCPE-84810)
- Custom skins once again work properly on multiplayer (MCPE-48207)