11 September 2019
This week's snapshot brings you more features from other editions of Minecraft and fixes a few bugs.
Do you want to help us fix bugs? Great! We now have a job opening to join the Java Edition team, check it out by clicking here.
CHANGES IN 19W37A
- Item predicate in advancements now makes distinction between actual enchantments and stored enchantments (like ones stored in enchanted books)
- Blocks that can be manually placed on farmland can now also be pushed onto it by a piston without detroying the farmland
- Fixed bugs
- Boats as fuel now smelt 6 items in a furnace
- Campfire can be extinguished with a shovel
- When breedable mobs in groups spawn naturally they sometimes spawn babies in the groups
- Changes in item predicate:
- enchantments now only matches enchantments on item itself - it no longer can be used for enchanted books
- to match contents enchanted book, use stored_enchantments
FIXED BUGS IN 19W37A
- MC-2958 - Custom mobs and normal Vexes drop equipped items with looting despite DropChances set to 0
- MC-42248 - Placing lily pads does not have a hand animation in third-person
- MC-60634 - Spawn egg ‘use’ animation not shown when using on animal
- MC-110907 - Curse of vanishing doesn’t work in some places
- MC-114715 - Mobs picking up items can drop their current item even with drop chance of 0
- MC-123307 - ‘/execute store’ can modify player data inside item “tags” of their Inventory or EnderItems
- MC-125880 - Recipe book rejects bows with Damage:0 tag when crafting dispensers
- MC-127094 - Arm animation is not executed in certain circumstances
- MC-132445 - Spawn eggs used on water do not display a hand animation
- MC-136352 - Tools from creative inventory/crafting don’t have Damage:0 set until relog
- MC-136470 - Buckets’ CanPlaceOn NBT check is applied to the block behind
- MC-145179 - data modify modifies player item data but shows error message
- MC-152751 - Horse armor can occasionally be duplicated when killing a horse wearing it with Looting III
- MC-153661 - Villagers always ring bells in the same direction, even if that should not be possible
- MC-154873 - When breaking a block with an enchanted book with Silk Touch on it, the block drops itself
- MC-157494 - Tamed animals no longer teleport to players properly
- MC-158853 - Chests missing after converting and loading old map from 1.7.10
- MC-159455 - Mob riding item frame riding mob crashes the server when item frame breaks
- MC-159785 - Cloned block contains same item in memory
- MC-160123 - Large ferns no longer drop seeds
- MC-160248 - Slime and magma cube spawners crash the game
- MC-160456 - Bee Hives filled with honey are missing their top and bottom texture
- MC-160458 - Using a portal in an older world creates a new portal instead of taking you to an existing one
- MC-160461 - When being activated with Redstone, bells always ring in the same direction, even if that should not be possible
- MC-160464 - New gamerules introduced in snapshot 19w36a default to false in worlds from older versions
- MC-160484 - Placing wet sponges in the nether does not update redstone
- MC-160498 - Gamerule fireDamage being set to false does not prevent lava damage
GET THE SNAPSHOT
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?
- Head over to our feedback website or come chat with us about it on the official Minecraft Discord.