22 August 2019
What happens when our dev teams spends the summer eating nothing but honey? We get inspired to add a new mob - the flappy fuzzball that is the bee! We also got very sick. A balanced diet is important!
CHANGES IN 19W34A
- Added Bees
- Added Bee Nests and Hives
- Added Honeycomb
- Added some dispenser functionality
- Minecraft: Java Edition now requires OpenGL 2.0
- New function for loot tables called copy_state
- Fixed bugs
We’re buzzing with excitement!
Can someone tell Cory to stop making bee puns now?
- Bees are cute, fuzzy, neutral mobs
- Don’t hurt them, they don’t want to hurt you
- If a bee does sting you, it will leave its stinger in you and eventually die, dropping nothing :(
- Bees love pretty flowers and spend their lives gathering pollen from them
- After gathering pollen, bees fly back to their home nest
- Bees help you by growing crops while carrying pollen back to the nest
- Bees can be bred using flowers
- Bees like sharing the location of their favorite flowers with other bees
- If a bee can't find nectar, after a while it will return home for a bit
- If a bee doesn’t have a home nest, it will wander around until it finds one it can use
- Bees don’t like the rain and they sleep at night. They will go back to the nest in these cases
BEE NESTS / BEE HIVES
In real life, bees dance in their nests to show other bees where flowers are!
- Bee Nests spawn naturally in Flower Forests, Plains, and Sunflower Plains biomes
- When a bee visits this block and completes its journey undisturbed, the level of honey increases
- Max of 5 levels of honey
- Level 5 is quite…sticky
- Bees use nests and hives to share flower locations with other bees
- Sometimes bees that already know about a flower will choose not to use this information
- Bee Hives are crafted by players using honeycomb and wood planks
- Use a silk touch tool to get the block with the bees stored inside
- Bee Nests will be destroyed unless you use silk touch
- Use shears when at full honey to get honeycomb
- Use a bottle when at full honey to get a honey bottle
- Campfire smoke calms bees - place one underneath the nest / hive to keep them in chill mode
- Bees like Bee Nests and Bee Hives the same amount! They don’t play favorites :)
- Added the Honey Bottle!
Organic, gluten-free, delicious locally-farmed honey!
- Use an empty glass bottle on a hive or nest that is full of honey to get a bottle of honey!
- Drink it!
- Oh yeah, also craft it into sugar!
- Added Honeycomb!
Disclaimer: Cannot be used to comb your hair
- Shear a full-honey hive or nest to obtain
- Craft with wood planks to create a Bee Hive
- Dispensers can now fill bottles with water and honey
- Dispensers can now shear honey combs from Bee Nests and Hives
NEW LOOT TABLE FUNCTION
Copies state properties from dropped block to BlockStateTag in dropped item
- block - source of properties (block id)
- properties - list of property names. All must be present on block
FIXED BUGS IN 19W34A
- MC-74762 - Chunks Swapping
- MC-103313 - Hitbox of slime and magma cube is offset for some seconds
- MC-115643 - Can’t hear punching blocks with ‘Friendly Creatures’ volume off
- MC-133255 - Cartographers generate maps for existing Mansions and Monuments rather than unexplored ones
- MC-142918 - The stonecutter does not allow custom recipe inputs to be shift-clicked in
- MC-148562 - Obsidian towers in the end are not generated as intended.
- MC-150202 - Chunks sometimes are dislocated / copied to another location
- MC-151354 - Can’t rearrange servers with shortcut
- MC-152100 - blaze powder does not put in slot with shift
- MC-152172 - Cartography table plays the sound multiple times overlapping on shift-click
- MC-152173 - Loom plays the sound multiple times overlapping on shift-click
- MC-156276 - Cannot shift-click while riding a horse, within inventory
- MC-156852 - Ghost blocks remain when insta-mining; reappearance of MC-5694
- MC-156876 - "desert_small_house_7"one door open status is open
- MC-156884 - Bows sometimes don’t use the correct texture when being drawn in creative mode
- MC-156952 - Village tree center has leaves that are persistent
- MC-157136 - Villagers restocking is not properly tracked
- MC-158988 - Minecraft will remove up to several hundred chunks per region if region file isn’t exact multiple of 4096 bytes
GET THE SNAPSHOT
To install the snapshot, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.
Snapshots can corrupt your world, please backup and/or run them in a different folder from your main worlds.
Cross-platform server jar:
Report bugs here:
Want to give feedback?