How do I transfer existing worlds?
To transfer existing worlds from Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition to Minecraft:
- In Minecraft (Bedrock Version), select Sync Old Worlds on the bottom of the worlds list in the play menu. This will find any worlds on the device from the Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition and display them below Old Worlds.
- Select any of the worlds displayed to convert it to the Bedrock edition.
- After conversion, the world will show up above Old Worlds along with the rest of your Bedrock worlds.
How big are worlds in this version of Minecraft for Nintendo Switch?
World size is infinite in Minecraft for Nintendo Switch.
I’m playing in a world that was transferred from the previous version. Are there limitations on the size?
Transferring to Minecraft should change the world type to infinite, keeping the portions of the world from the existing version the same, but generating new chunks outside of that area.
How do I access included content?
The Super Mario Mash-Up Pack is pre-installed with the game. Other included content can be downloaded from the in-game store.
Can my friends on Xbox play the Super Mario Mash-Up?
No, the Super Mario Mash-Up is only playable by Nintendo Switch owners in single player, split screen, local network, and over Nintendo Switch Online.
How do I link my previous purchases on other Minecraft Bedrock versions to my Switch edition?
Log into Minecraft and sign into your Microsoft account. All your content will sync automatically with other purchases you’ve made with other Bedrock versions, as long as those purchases were made while logged in to that same Microsoft account.
I own Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition and I’ve bought previous DLC. How do I get it to sync to Minecraft?
- Log into Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition on your Switch account. This will sync the latest purchases.
- Log into the Minecraft on your Switch and you’ll be automatically granted the entitlements for that DLC.
Note For every purchase you make on the previous version, you must first log into Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition, exit, and then launch the Bedrock version for purchases to sync. DLC purchased within Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition will only remain on your Nintendo Switch™ device and will not carried over into other devices.
Will my copy of Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition go away? Do I have to use the new one?
Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition is no longer be available to purchase in the eShop but as an existing owner, you can continue to play and re-download if you desire.